Calendar permission given, no Create Event button showing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mfonnesbeck

Calendar permission given, no Create Event button showing

Post by mfonnesbeck »

I was given access to add events to our Young Men's calendar for our ward (Wines Park, Lehi, Utah) but I do not see the Create Event button on the calendar. The Ward Clerk has checked and I do have permissions and it's the same process he used to grant 2 other leaders access, but I don't see it and they do. What's wrong? Please help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar permission given, no Create Event button showing

Post by russellhltn »

Where are you looking for the button? There is none on the main page. Try clicking on the calendar and see what pops up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Where are you looking for the button? There is none on the main page.
If you have calendar editing permissions, there is indeed a Create New Event button on the main page, but it's simply a plus sign in the upper right corner of the screen (next to the Print, Help, and Settings buttons). When you hover over the plus sign, you see "Create new event." That button should appear if you have edit permissions for any calendar.
mfonnesbeck

Post by mfonnesbeck »

My ward clerk said that he gave me permission to access the calendar, but when I did click on the calendar link from the drop down menu to open the calendar, the plus sign icon is not present next to the printer, help, and settings icons in the top right of the screen. So I'm trying to look for the create event button on the calendar screen.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, so the question is how did the clerk grant access? If I was "by calling", then you have to be in a standard position, not a custom position (even of the same name). Custom positions carry no rights - ever.

If it was granted by name, then the question becomes if he granted it to the right person (Father/son can have confusingly similar names), and if that person's MRN number matches the MRN associated with your LDS Account. (Note: LDS Accounts are individual. Spouses cannot share them and expect them to work.)

Either way, it's time to go back to the clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”