change membership status

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
harris1229

change membership status

Post by harris1229 »

The account has me listed as a nonmember. When I try to enter my membership number to set up an account as a member, it won't let me start a new account. Since I'm listed as a nonmember, I'm not allowed to create new account as a member. How do I either reset my membership status or delete all my information to set up a new account?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: change membership status

Post by aebrown »

harris1229 wrote:The account has me listed as a nonmember. When I try to enter my membership number to set up an account as a member, it won't let me start a new account. Since I'm listed as a nonmember, I'm not allowed to create new account as a member. How do I either reset my membership status or delete all my information to set up a new account?
Instead of creating a new account, edit your existing account and add your membership record number to that account. See the screenshot below. For more instructions, see question #5 in LDS Account Help.
Attachments
lds-account-membership.png
(19.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
harris1229

Post by harris1229 »

I did try enter my membership# but it wouldn't let me save it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harris1229 wrote:I did try enter my membership# but it wouldn't let me save it.
Does it simply not save? A number of people have complained about that on different fields. It's a bug that's being looked into.

If it's giving an error, what does the error message say?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harris1229

Post by harris1229 »

It says: Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account already exist. The account that already exist has me as a non member and it will not let me save my MRN. My MRN and Birth Date are what they are on my MRN.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harris1229 wrote:or the account already exist.
Try going back to the logon and selecting "forgot username". Use your MRN to recover the username. You may find it was an account you created for something else and not realizing it was a LDS Account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harris1229

Post by harris1229 »

Thank you for your help, that time it worked.
wlwalker

Post by wlwalker »

every time I go to LDS.org I try to access my account and under membership it says "I am not a member, I have been a member since birth, I have been baptized, I have been confirmed, I have been made a deacon, teacher, priest, and an elder, please help me, I have tried to do this in the mobile app and on my desktop and I when I try to put in my member number that's on my temple recommend it comes back and says I'm not a member and says that my member number or my birth date is incorrect and there is not a place where I can change my member status? please help, my login and password are correct but that's as far as I can get.
Thank you,
Warren Walker
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: MRN/Birthdate removed
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The MRN/Birthdate information you posted has been removed. This is a public forum and you don't want that floating around.
wlwalker wrote:when I try to put in my member number that's on my temple recommend it comes back and says I'm not a member and says that my member number or my birth date is incorrect and there is not a place where I can change my member status?
The way to change the membership status of your account is to enter your MRN. I'm not sure what to suggest other than the system doesn't seem to like the way it's been entered, or the information doesn't match what's on your membership record. It's probably best if you get with your ward clerk to resolve the issue.

1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Double check your MRN. I have had similar troubles thinking that my MRN was correct which I retrieved from my recommend. The number was written incorrect on my recommend. Your Ward clerk can check the number. Also correct me if I am wrong, but I think your can now retrieve your MRN from the directory. I think that any member of your family that can log in can get it in the directory. Just click the "Show Record Number" under your name. Right?

Return to “Church Account”