Add Spouse to Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
CHN324

Add Spouse to Account

Post by CHN324 »

My question is:

Is there any way to add my husband onto my account, so that his name will appear with mine as our household account? Because it was me who set up the account everything is in my name, for example our tithing is all in my name due to the online account being in my name. And because it was me who set up the account, it shows me as being the primary contact for our household and not my husband. Please let me know if there is a way to do this and how to do it. I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

Hillery Nelson
eblood66

Re: Add Spouse to Account

Post by eblood66 »

CHN324 wrote:Is there any way to add my husband onto my account, so that his name will appear with mine as our household account? Because it was me who set up the account everything is in my name, for example our tithing is all in my name due to the online account being in my name.
No, there is no way to have a joint account. Each LDS account is only associated with a single person. And donations are also only associated with a single person.

However, there are two things you can do. First, you can go into the Settings tab in the online Donations screen and check the box that says 'Display Spouse Name'. This will make sure that your husband's name also shows on all donation reports. However your name will be listed first on your donation statement (the one which lists the donations made with your account).

Second, you can check the 'Allow spouse to view my donations' setting. This will allow your husband to see your donations and to print statements for your donations. Likewise, he can check the same setting to let you view any donations made in his name (either online or directly to the ward). But, again, your name will be listed first on the statement showing your donations.
CHN324 wrote: And because it was me who set up the account, it shows me as being the primary contact for our household and not my husband.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'primary contact'. As indicated above, your name will show first on the statement for your donations but nowhere that I'm aware of is there any indication of whether one person or the other should be contacted.

It probably is true that if there is a problem with a donation the church headquarters will probably send an email to the email address for your account. But if you are the one handling the donations, it seems reasonable that you should be the one who receives emails about any problems.

If on the other hand your husband is actually making the donations but using your account, then it would be better for him to create his own account and use it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Add Spouse to Account

Post by russellhltn »

CHN324 wrote:And because it was me who set up the account, it shows me as being the primary contact for our household and not my husband.
If you are referring to the directory, you should be able to edit the household to set up the email addresses as you wish. If your email is the only one in the directory, then it's probably defaulting to that for the household.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”