MLS Head of Household Question

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
joalmay

MLS Head of Household Question

Post by joalmay »

Hi,
We have a family whose father is not member of the Church. Can I add him as a Head of Household if he is okay with that?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS Head of Household Question

Post by russellhltn »

I think you'll find you are unable to add non-members - period. That ability has been removed from MLS/never added to LCR.

Non-member spouses can appear in the on-line directory based on the marriage information on the member's record. But as far as I know, the switch to allow/disallow that is controlled by CHQ. If it's not doing what the family would like it to do, you can call CHQ and have it changed for that family.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
joalmay

Post by joalmay »

Thanks! We want to see the household in LCR /MLS like we see in LDS Tools (husband and wife names)...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joalmay wrote:We want to see the household in LCR /MLS like we see in LDS Tools (husband and wife names)...
It sounds like the directory is working as desired. I don't think there's any way to force LCR/MLS short of baptizing him. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”