Trouble signing in, PLEASE HELP!!!

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
helamanwarrior1

Trouble signing in, PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by helamanwarrior1 »

Hi,

I'm currently logged on to my husband's account because for some reason I am unable to log into my own.

When I try to log in to my account on lds.org or sign in to LDS Tools, I'm told that my password or username is incorrect. I've reset my password at least 10 times now, and I've checked to make sure I have the correct username 3 times. Each time I try to log in, I get the same response. (I can log on to my LDS Account page, but when I try to log on anywhere else, I'm told I can't.) This has been going on for a couple of weeks.

It looks like the membership number on my LDS Account is off by one number from the one on my temple recommend. I'm not sure which one is the correct one at this point.

Do you know what may be causing this issue and if it can be fixed without deleting my account and starting over?

--Annie
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Trouble signing in, PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by lajackson »

helamanwarrior1 wrote:It looks like the membership number on my LDS Account is off by one number from the one on my temple recommend. I'm not sure which one is the correct one at this point.
I would start right there. Call your ward clerk and verify your membership number. If it is not correct at your LDS Account, you will have trouble signing in.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

helamanwarrior1 wrote:When I try to log in to my account on lds.org or sign in to LDS Tools, I'm told that my password or username is incorrect. I've reset my password at least 10 times now, and I've checked to make sure I have the correct username 3 times.
If you can log into ldsaccount.LDS.org, then the change has worked. In the past, I've found it can take time before the new password works in other places.
helamanwarrior1 wrote:It looks like the membership number on my LDS Account is off by one number from the one on my temple recommend. I'm not sure which one is the correct one at this point.
The MRN contains a check digit. If it was entered one number off, it would have been rejected. I suspect your recommend is off.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

You can update your membership record number on the LDS Account at ldsaccount.lds.org. Ensure with your ward clerk that you have the correct number. If the problem persists, your ward clerk can contact support for further help.
helamanwarrior1

Post by helamanwarrior1 »

I just spoke with my ward clerk and we have confirmed that my membership number is correct online. However, I'm still not able to log in to lds.org or lds tools. (Even though I have no trouble logging in to ldsaccount.lds.org.)

Any other solutions? What is the best number to call to work on fixing this issue?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you're in the United States or Canada, the contact information for the Global Service Center is here:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/suppor ... r?lang=eng
(You may need to be logged in, or your ward clerk may need to be logged in, to see the phone number.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sbradshaw wrote:If you're in the United States or Canada, the contact information for the Global Service Center is here:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/suppor ... r?lang=eng
(You may need to be logged in, or your ward clerk may need to be logged in, to see the phone number.)
Ward clerks should contact the GSC for members. The GSC does not provide service directly to the general membership. "The Global Service Center (GSC) provides support for unit leaders and clerks related to membership and finance duties, information technology (IT), and store.lds.org."
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
InitaNap

Post by InitaNap »

I am having this very same issue!!!! It is so infuriating! Trying to log in to pay your tithing should not leave you this upset and unable to log in! Only my husbands log in is being accepted, but my log in has been in existance for years! His is new and now I am do not exist, i guess.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

InitaNap wrote:I am having this very same issue!!!! It is so infuriating! Trying to log in to pay your tithing should not leave you this upset and unable to log in! Only my husbands log in is being accepted, but my log in has been in existance for years! His is new and now I am do not exist, i guess.
Here are some questions that should help narrow down what the problem is:
  • You said "my log in has been in existance for years". Have you been able to access the ward directory, calendar, etc.? I ask this because if you have then your membership record number is properly connected to your account. If not, then you simply need to go to ldsaccount.lds.org and in the Membership area, type in your MRN (which is on your temple recommend or can be obtained from your ward clerk).
  • Were you previously able to sign in to various places on LDS.org, but something changed recently? Or are you only having problems with the Donations area of LDS.org?
  • Where can you sign in? Can you sign in to ldsaccount.lds.org? To the Directory? To FamilySearch.org?
  • When you have problems signing in, what error messages do you see?
wcarlan

Post by wcarlan »

I am having problems longing in to the donation part of lds.org. I can log into everything else, but the donation part has me log in again and then only says loading content. Please help his is very frustrating!

Return to “Church Account”