Unauthorized Donations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.

Unauthorized Donations

Post by 60171 »

I use the Church's online system to pay tithing and usually don't have any problems with it. However, I recently reviewed the activity in my checking account and found an unauthorized charge for Church donations. When I checked my LDS account there was no record of the donation. Has this happened to anybody else before? Is it possible that the Church's system has mistakenly charged my account? I've already sent a dispute to the bank but I'm wondering if this could be a problem with the Church's online tithing security or if it is some other error.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Unauthorized Donations

Post by sbradshaw »

Often the charge shows up a few days after the donation was submitted at lds.org/donations. Did you check to see if your previous donation was charged? Was it an unusual amount, or an amount that you may have paid before?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Post by 60171 »

I hadn't made any recent donations prior to this. It definitely wasn't me. When I have made donations in the past there have been no problems. This transaction doesn't show up on my donation history either. Only in my bank account. So either there was a mistake and the Church charged me accidentally for something I didn't do or someone used my information to make donations from a different account. I'm wondering if there is anybody in the Church I can talk to about this.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

Talk to your ward finance clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aclawson wrote:Talk to your ward finance clerk.
As far as I know, support for those kinds of things go though the clerk - although in this case, they probably don't have anything to do with it, they can at least call.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”