Permission to edit callings

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tylerlybb

Permission to edit callings

Post by tylerlybb »

Is there a way, on lds.org/LCR, to give permission to HPG leaders to release and call High Priests to different callings?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Permission to edit callings

Post by russellhltn »

They should have that already. At least for callings within their HP group.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tylerlybb

Post by tylerlybb »

They don't currently. Here's the situation: The HPG leadership in our ward was recently replaced. I'm the ward clerk so I'm the one that just replaced the old HPG leaders with the new ones in LCR (I wasn't sure if I or the stake was supposed to do that but it let me so I went ahead and did it.) But even after a full day after I added the new ones, they still say it tells them "Access Denied" or something like that. Do I have to do something special to grant permissions, like you used to have to do with MLS?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tylerlyb wrote:I'm the ward clerk so I'm the one that just replaced the old HPG leaders with the new ones in LCR (I wasn't sure if I or the stake was supposed to do that but it let me so I went ahead and did it.)
That's correct, you should enter those callings. I don't think the stake has the ability to change any ward calling except the bishop (and even though HPG leaders are called by the stake they are still considered ward callings for record purposes).
tylerlyb wrote:But even after a full day after I added the new ones, they still say it tells them "Access Denied" or something like that. Do I have to do something special to grant permissions, like you used to have to do with MLS?
Did the old HPG leaders have access to LCR? If not, then look at the callings and make sure they are standard callings (i.e. they don't have an astrisk beside them in LCR).

Second, make sure each leader has their own MRN attached to their LDS Account. One quick check is to make sure they can access the directory for your ward (https://lds.org/directory). That will verify that they have an MRN that is in your ward. Then make sure they aren't using their spouses LDS Account. For that you probably need to have them to go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org and look in the Membership tab and check the MRN against his MRN as you see it in LCR.

If both of those are correct then try waiting another day. The process to update permissions should take less than a day but if it crashed or got stuck for some reason it's possible that it could take longer depending on how long it takes for them to notice and get it restarted.
tylerlybb

Post by tylerlybb »

Thanks for your reply. I am looking into these things now.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”