Donation Option No Longer There

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
jmaa1983

Donation Option No Longer There

Post by jmaa1983 »

I live in Japan & have been donating online since last summer. I haven't changed anything in my account, but today when I went to make a donation, the tithing slip that usually is there, was not! I have the option to see my donation history, statements, settings, & help, but nowhere can I actually make a donation. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this & wondering why the ability to donate disappeared. Please help! Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donation Option No Longer There

Post by russellhltn »

jmaa1983 wrote:I live in Japan
As far as I know, the on-line system is only for the US. (The members in Europe are on a different banking system that makes it easy for them.)

I suspect your membership records have been moved out of a unit that is supported by the on-line system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
jmaa1983 wrote:I live in Japan
As far as I know, the on-line system is only for the US. (The members in Europe are on a different banking system that makes it easy for them.)
If only that were true. In the UK we're waiting with baited breath for online donations to be rolled out. :)

We do have something called Gift Aid, which uses a combination of fixed monthly bank payments and email to state how the money is to be distributed. In very basic terms, Gift Aid is a way of reducing the amount of income tax paid, which also benefits the Church.
jmaa1983

Post by jmaa1983 »

We are a military branch stationed overseas. We have been doing online donations since last summer. For all intents & purposes, we are considered "in the U.S."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to try the directory and see what ward it says you are in
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jmaa1983

Post by jmaa1983 »

Same branch as I was before. Nothing has changed in that regard.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd ask your ward clerk to call support when the open again on Tuesday, Utah time (Wednesday Japan time).

You might also ask your leaders. I'd think a change in policy would have been communicated to them.

rmarye

Post by rmarye »

I am having the same issue. I live in China and attend an expat branch here. I've been donating online with no issues until today, when the option to donate (aka, the tithing slip) disappeared. Nothing has changed in my records or my branch, either. I have no idea how to fix it.
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

jmaa1983 wrote:I live in Japan & have been donating online since last summer. I haven't changed anything in my account, but today when I went to make a donation, the tithing slip that usually is there, was not! I have the option to see my donation history, statements, settings, & help, but nowhere can I actually make a donation. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this & wondering why the ability to donate disappeared. Please help! Thank you.
Can you please try again? I believe we have corrected your access. Sorry for the inconvenience.
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

rmarye wrote:I am having the same issue. I live in China and attend an expat branch here. I've been donating online with no issues until today, when the option to donate (aka, the tithing slip) disappeared. Nothing has changed in my records or my branch, either. I have no idea how to fix it.
Can you please try again? I believe we have corrected your access. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “Online Donations”