Ordering Limited Use Temple Recommend Book

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
mburbidg

Ordering Limited Use Temple Recommend Book

Post by mburbidg »

Called as the ward clerk a month ago. The Bishop asked be to order a new Limited Use Temple Recommend Book. How do I do that?

Thanks
Michael-
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Phone the GSC general number. Have your unit number etc.. available. Alternatively there should be an order form with the Temple Books, if you are the US or Canada.
lehrschallbrian

Post by lehrschallbrian »

There is an order form in the recommend notebook that the bishop has. If you need a rush order you can call GSC.
cboshdave

Re: Ordering Limited Use Temple Recommend Book

Post by cboshdave »

Isn't there a website to do this on? Also, you refer to a GSC number. Some of us are REALLY new. i don't even know what a GSC number is?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cboshdave wrote:Isn't there a website to do this on? Also, you refer to a GSC number. Some of us are REALLY new. i don't even know what a GSC number is?
GSC = Global Service Center (follow the link for contact options).
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

cboshdave wrote:Isn't there a website to do this on? Also, you refer to a GSC number. Some of us are REALLY new. i don't even know what a GSC number is?
Unfortunately these books can't be ordered online. It is necessary to order them via the telephone. If you're not the Bishop, you will need to confirm his details, including his address.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

I have seen some limited use recommends that look similar to a regular recommend, rather than having spaces for 20 names for a group. When ordering, how do you differentiate between group and individual limited use recommends?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bballrob wrote:I have seen some limited use recommends that look similar to a regular recommend, rather than having spaces for 20 names for a group. When ordering, how do you differentiate between group and individual limited use recommends?
When you order by phone, the employee or missionary at the Global Service Center should be able to help you make sure you get the correct ones.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

I wonder if ordering this book will become obsolete with this latest announcement:
Limited-use temple recommend
A new limited-use recommend can be created online by priesthood leaders and printed from any computer and printer. It is activated when it is printed, and the bishop simply needs to sign it, along with the candidate, Elder [Kent F. ] Richards said.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sasgrw wrote:I wonder if ordering this book will become obsolete with this latest announcement:
Only when it actually becomes available.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”