Locations messed up after stake reorg

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rickk

Locations messed up after stake reorg

Post by rickk »

Hello,

We are seeing a number of issues with the calendar locations after a stake reorg (2 to make 3). Initially the buildings were not correctly listed, but I think we have that (mostly) worked out with FM. We still have one building that is appearing twice and we are working to resolve that one. Besides this, I have 2 buildings that are owned by the stake and a 3rd building that is out of unit but we have a ward that attends there. When I go to Locations and Rooms, I can see the 3 buildings correctly listed. I have edit permissions on the 2 buildings that we own and can just view the other building so that all seems OK.

However, when I go back out to the main calendar page, under locations, I only see the building that is not owned by the stake in the locations list. I tried making a new event and I can select any of the 4 buildings (the 3 correct + the duplicate). I selected one of the buildings that we own and the event was created just fine and I see it on the calendar with the location icon. However, I still don't have that building showing up under locations. I can see the event because it is on a stake calendar, not because I have the location selected.

I have added myself a building scheduler for both of the buildings that we own, so I don't know why they are not showing under the locations list. Before the stake split, I could see and select (or not) any of the locations in the previous stake.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong or how to get the calendar cleaned up would be appreciated.
Rick
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Locations messed up after stake reorg

Post by russellhltn »

rickk wrote:I have added myself a building scheduler for both of the buildings that we own, so I don't know why they are not showing under the locations list.
Yeah, that's a bit odd.

As for your duplicate, see what locations you can delete. Your duplicate is the delete-able location (but move the events first).

If you can't delete either one, then it's probably coming from another stake that's shared it with you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickk

Post by rickk »

I can't delete any of the locations since they are all coming from the FM database. I don't know if they accidentally added a new building when the stake was created instead of moving an existing one or what... That is the part I am still working through on the FM side.

Still no progress on being able to see the other locations though... :-(
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My thought is that another stake created a location and shared it with you. You wouldn't be able to delete it since you don't manage it. (Can you add yourself as building schedulers of both? If you can, then it would suggest that you are the owner of both.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Good thought. I am checking with the other stake to see if maybe they created the location and can delete it. I cannot add myself as a schedule for the duplicate building (that we don't own). In fact I can no longer see it in the locations and rooms list since I asked them to turn off ward scheduling until we get this figured out. Interestingly, I CAN still make an event that uses this location even though scheduling is turned off. Just to be sure that they are different locations, I made 2 test events at the same time using the same room and it didn't complain about a conflict. That tells me they really are 2 locations and not just a bug making the same location visible twice.

Return to “Calendar”