Ordering from Staples

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bballrob

Ordering from Staples

Post by bballrob »

I am trying to submit an order for a printer cartridge via Staples.com

When I log into store.lds.org, it shows me the Customer ID, UserID and Password, but when I enter those , it doesn't recognize it.

Anyone know why this may not work?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ordering from Staples

Post by jdlessley »

The common problem area is the user ID. The user ID consists of the letters "LDS" plus the seven digit number for your unit. You may need to use leading zeros if your unit number does not have seven digits. So for a unit with a unit number of 12345 the user ID is "LDS0012345". The customer ID and password can be copied and pasted from the store.lds.org page. Do not copy and paste the example user ID from the store.lds.org page. It is only an example.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Is your unit fairly new and has your unit ordered from Staples in the past?

If it is new and you haven't had prior orders then you need to contact Staples Advantage to get an account setup for your unit. If you need it, I can PM that email address (it's not published in the Help Center so I'm not sure if I should post it publicly). You can also call their support line as listed in the Help Center but I found that directly contacting the representative responsible for the church was much more effective.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

If you can please PM me that address, that would be great. Our unit has been around quite some time, and I believe we have ordered before because we still have the box from the last printer cartridge floating in the office which is where I found the SKU #. Although I don't know that we've ordered anything in the 2+ years I've been the bishop.

Otherwise, I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Thanks.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The Help Center article should contain all the information you need, including the Default Password.
It also warns:
Note: It is highly recommended that you not change the default password since other approved users in your unit will also sign in with it.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I was sustained as ward clerk two months ago. When I tried to use the information in the Help Center article to login to StaplesAdvantage, the password was rejected. I asked around and could find no one in my ward who had ever ordered supplies from Staples (or admitted to doing so). One previous ward clerk (who has since moved out) told me he had changed the password, but couldn't tell me what he changed it to.

To reset a StaplesAdvantage password, you must "Enter the email address listed on profile" in the password reset page. So I went to CDOL.lds.org, found the list of all previous ward clerks, and copied/pasted each email address into the StaplesAdvantage password reset page until I discovered the email address in the profile for our account. Then I called that previous ward clerk (who is now serving as our EQ President), and asked him to reset the password back to the default.

WOW! That was way too much work. That's what happens when you have a bishop who changes his ward clerk at least twice each calendar year. For some reason, he believes the ward clerk position is good training for the executive secretary job. Go figure.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “General Discussions”