LDSTech Conference history

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

LDSTech Conference history

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any insight into how the LDSTech Conferences got started, and what kind of process it had to go through to get off the ground as a funded initiative. The reason I'm asking is because I'm toying with the idea of an LDS Music Conference that would have a similar format, with relevant content to inspire LDS composers and performers of gospel-related music, people who have music callings, priesthood leaders, etc. I know that a conference is unlikely to be sponsored and funded by a Church department (in this case it would most likely be the priesthood department, of which music and arts is a part) out of thin air.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LDSTech Conference history

Post by scgallafent »

I know a little about the history. I'll send you a PM.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LDSTech Conference History

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:I'm toying with the idea of an LDS Music Conference that would have a similar format, with relevant content to inspire LDS composers and performers of gospel-related music, people who have music callings, priesthood leaders, etc.
Not a conference, per se, but the Music Department already has quite a program where composers send submissions and a concert is held twice a year in the Assembly Hall to present the best ones.

I know because I am attending one later this month to hear an arrangement my daughter submitted that was selected.

Return to “General Discussions”