retrieval of patriarchal blessing

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rhigginson

retrieval of patriarchal blessing

Post by rhigginson »

I contacted the church to get my blessing online Case #608197-332647-96] Patriarchal Blessing Request - I was informed in an email that blessing was available to me on my lds account page - cannot find nor access???
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: retrieval of patriarchal blessing

Post by scgallafent »

Go to http://www.lds.org/
Click on My Account and Ward at the top right
Click the Sign In button
Sin in with your LDS Account
Click on My Account and Ward at the top right
Click on Patriarchal Blessing in the drop down menu
Click on VIEW in the black menu bar
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

I tried this, but it took me to an overview screen showing a summary of recommends I've issued and the status of blessings to those I've issued recommends too, however, I don't see anywhere that I can view my own personal blessing. Am I missing something?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

bballrob wrote:I tried this, but it took me to an overview screen showing a summary of recommends I've issued and the status of blessings to those I've issued recommends too, however, I don't see anywhere that I can view my own personal blessing. Am I missing something?
Have you ever requested a copy of your own blessing? Mine wasn't visible there until after I requested a mailed copy. I suspect that request triggered the process of having the paper copy retrieved and scanned.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

No I have not. I saw where I could do that, so I will give that a try.

I have a question about copies of deceased ancestors blessings. Do you know if I'm allowed to receive a copy of a deceased sibling's blessing?? I have a sister who died in 1992 and I'd be interested in receiving a copy of hers. It didn't list siblings as an option in the drop down menu. I requested it anyhow, listing her as a deceased child, and then put a note in the comments explaining the relationship.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

bballrob wrote:I have a question about copies of deceased ancestors blessings. Do you know if I'm allowed to receive a copy of a deceased sibling's blessing??
I don't know the answer to that question.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

Thanks. I figured full disclosure would allow them to let me know one way or the other. If I can't, maybe one of my parents can request it. They probably even have a copy already.

One other interesting tidbit - when I requested my sister's blessing, the follow up message talked about the time to receive a MAILED copy of the blessing. When I requested my own, it talked about the time to receive a DIGITAL copy.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bballrob wrote:One other interesting tidbit - when I requested my sister's blessing, the follow up message talked about the time to receive a MAILED copy of the blessing. When I requested my own, it talked about the time to receive a DIGITAL copy.
Since the on-line system is designed for your to get YOUR blessing, that's makes sense. Mailing it would be simpler then trying to set up rights as to who could see it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmarilynl

Post by lmarilynl »

If my blessing has my name typed incorrectly, can that be corrected and can i get a new copy of my blessing with the correct spelling of my name.

Return to “Church Account”