LDS Account Password Policies

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Account Password Policies

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:So you need to clear the password from wherever your browser stores it.
In Firefox click the "Open menu" icon and select Options. Then select Security. You will find "Remember logins for sites" checked. If only the LDS.org logon is what you want removed, then first click the "Saved Logins" button and remove the URL for "https://apps.lds.org". Add that URL to the "Exceptions..." list if you want to continue using saved logins for other sites but not to save the login for LDS.org.

In MS Edge click the elipses ("...") icon and select Settings. Click the "View Advanced Settings" button. Scroll down to the "Privacy and services" section. "Offer to save passwords" is probably "On". That can be turned off to stop saving usernames and passwords. You can also click the "X" next to "lds.org" in the "Manage my saved passwords" link to remove your saved LDS.org username and password. When prompted at your next logon session to LDS.org click "No" when prompted "Would you like to save your password for lds.org?" by Edge if you haven't turned off "Offer to save passwords".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lstucki

Post by lstucki »

I have just received a request to reset my LDS Account Password. I have had the same password forever and there has not been any problems. It drives me crazy that we have to keep changing passwords. It makes it all less secure because I have started making all my passwords the same so that I can remember them. If someone does get one of my passwords they can access everything, all because we have to keep changing our passwords. Drives me crazy!
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

Keep in mind that the e-mail account that is associated with your LDS Account should be receiving an e-mail 7 to 10 days prior to passwords expiring. As long as the information on the account is accurate (showing the correct e-mail), and the e-mail has been verified, then the message will notify an owner that their password will be expiring. The account owner can follow the instructions to reset the password for another six months.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

LDSAccountTech wrote:Keep in mind that the e-mail account that is associated with your LDS Account should be receiving an e-mail 7 to 10 days prior to passwords expiring.
The reminders start a full 2 weeks before the expiration date.
aprillynn61

RESETTING MY PASSWORD

Post by aprillynn61 »

I'm trying to reset my "Password" and I'm having a difficult time to reset it. Could you please direct me to the right place?, so that I can get this done and not be locked out. I do have "LDS TOOLS" AND "GOSPEL LIBRARY" AND DON'T WANT TO BE LOCKED OUT.

SO, PLEASE NOTIFY ME AND DIRECT ME TO THE RIGHT SIGHT IN ORDER TO GET THIS PASSWORD RESET. THANKYOU! :-)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can change your password by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/securitySettings. In the past, I've found that it can take some time to got to all the websites. Once the new password works at ldsaccount.lds.org, it has changed, you just need to wait a few minutes for it to do it's thing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Steve6to1

Post by Steve6to1 »

why am I getting a notice to change my password even though I no longer serve as a Church Service Missionary for the Church?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Steve6to1 wrote:why am I getting a notice to change my password even though I no longer serve as a Church Service Missionary for the Church?
How long ago were you released? Do you still have access to the Church workforce site? Do you see the workforce tab at the LDS Account site?

Some callings that give special access require the password to be reset periodically. This includes CES callings. It might also include stake presidents and bishops (I thought I heard once, but I'm not positive).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
karyndevault

Post by karyndevault »

I understand about needing to reset passwords every six months if you are accessing WISE as a Seminary teacher or secretary, but I have been released for 9 months now, and just got another email requesting me to change my password. At what point will the system realize that I no longer need to be part of the group of people that (for security purposes) needs to change a password? I am now a Primary teacher, and need to be able to access the secure LDS.org for only the Ward & Stake directories and genealogy (the general things that I can get to by signing on to the church website). I can't seem to find a contact person to answer this for me. I was hoping that I wouldn't need to have to keep changing my email every 6 months once I was released.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Your account still shows you as an active Seminary teacher (not as a calling, but in the workforce system), so you will want to work with the Seminary supervisor to get that part deactivated as well.

Return to “Church Account”