Family ordinance cards can be printed at home

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Family ordinance cards can be printed at home

Post by sbradshaw »

This is an exciting change, that will make taking ancestors' names to the temple a little easier:
https://familysearch.org/blog/en/print- ... ards-home/

Members are no longer required to print a Family Ordinance Request form and have their family names printed at the temple; instead, they can print their family names from home on regular white paper.

According to a January 14, 2016 letter at Letters.LDS.org, the option "has been rolled out to temple districts in the United States and will be available worldwide in the next few months."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mfmohlma

Re: Family ordinance cards can be printed at home

Post by mfmohlma »

Pretty neat. I don't see that letter yet, so I bet it will appear when our temple switches over. I'm sure there will be some temple workers that will be happy that their time with a printer and paper cutter is limited.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

mfmohlma wrote:Pretty neat. I don't see that letter yet, so I bet it will appear when our temple switches over. I'm sure there will be some temple workers that will be happy that their time with a printer and paper cutter is limited.
I have already heard some members complain that they don't have a paper cutter at home. They would prefer to have the sisters in the temple office cut the cards.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drepouille wrote:I have already heard some members complain that they don't have a paper cutter at home. They would prefer to have the sisters in the temple office cut the cards.
... which continues to be a perfectly acceptable option. Members can simply choose which option works best for them.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mfmohlma wrote:I don't see that letter yet, so I bet it will appear when our temple switches over.
The letter was sent to General Authorities; Area Seventies; and Stake, Mission, Temple, and District Presidents. I have access to it as a stake assistant clerk.

I think all temples in the United States have already had this option rolled out.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

sbradshaw wrote:
mfmohlma wrote:I have access to it as a stake assistant clerk.
I'm just a lowly ward clerk. :) I guess I'll wait to hear this officially from the stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:I'm just a lowly ward clerk. :) I guess I'll wait to hear this officially from the stake.
You don't see this in letters.lds.org?

The letter does make it sound like it's been rolled out US-wide, but if you don't see it, then perhaps not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote: You don't see this in letters.lds.org?

The letter does make it sound like it's been rolled out US-wide, but if you don't see it, then perhaps not.
No I don't. If we don't have it yet, I'm sure it will be along soon.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:The letter does make it sound like it's been rolled out US-wide, but if you don't see it, then perhaps not.
Although this Notice does say the option has been rolled out to temple districts in the United States, it also refers to when this option is enabled for a temple district.

So while it may be interpreted as saying it has been rolled out U.S.-wide, I am not sure that is actually the case.

In any event, the Notice also says that the option will be available worldwide in the next few months, so any wait, while seemingly an eternity, will not in actuality be too long if all goes according to plan.
rsidwell

Post by rsidwell »

From the FAQ at the bottom of https://familysearch.org/blog/en/print- ... ards-home/:
The ability to print family ordinance cards from home will be activated stake by stake, based on which temple district you live in. This process started in November, 2015, and will continue through the first few months of 2016. The order and timing will be determined by the Temple Department. There is no option to request early access.
So try printing a card; if you see the option, it is activated for your temple district.

Return to “Family History”