viewing your visiting teachers and home teachers on line

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
PaulaTadek

viewing your visiting teachers and home teachers on line

Post by PaulaTadek »

One of the sisters in my ward can see who her visiting teachers and home teachers are in her profile in the on line ward directory. She is the Vt coordinator, I am the Relief Society President and can not see this. Is there a setting I have to change? I have tried re sinking my table to up date it, but the information still does not appear. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: viewing your visiting teachers and home teachers on line

Post by russellhltn »

I don't recall where anyone can see HT/VT in lds.org/directory. You may want to clarify where exactly she is looking.

As a RS President, I'd expect you to have the same access as long as your calling has been set up correctly and you're using a LDS Account that's associated with your Membership number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
PaulaTadek

Post by PaulaTadek »

I do have RS access through the reports, however my VT coordinator showed me on her tablet that when she goes into the ward directory she can see each families HT and VT. This would be a neat feature for members to access especially if auxillaries kept the HT and VT up to date. I am set up as RS president, but I do not see this on in the family info on the ward directory and Another sister checked and she did not see it either. Perhaps this is specific to VT co ordinators?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you say "tablet", was it the on-line system? If so, was this Directory or LCR? Since it was a tablet, it could be LDS Tools. And that feature could depend on if it was Android, iPad or Windows.

So, there's three places it could be from if it was on her tablet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
PaulaTadek

Post by PaulaTadek »

It was on her ipad thr lds tools
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ah OK. Do you have LDS Tools? Is it iOS or something else?

PaulaTadek

Post by PaulaTadek »

I am not very tech savy, I just use LDS tools on my samsung tablet and on my PC.
PaulaTadek

Post by PaulaTadek »

I log into lds.org thr my PC
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

PaulaTadek wrote:I am not very tech savy, I just use LDS tools on my samsung tablet and on my PC.
So this may be a difference between iOS and Android versions of LDS Tools. It's not usual for new features to come to one before the other. But in time, both will have the same features.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It's also possible that she's using a beta version of the app. Do you know if she downloaded a beta version, or is she just using the regular version from the App Store?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”