Adjusting Attendance Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mtroymartin

Adjusting Attendance Records

Post by mtroymartin »

I am a Stake Clerk and today I was asked if a ward could go back and adjust attendance numbers in order to increase their budget. The ward clerk claims that the numbers reported were incorrect. Is this even possible?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Adjusting Attendance Records

Post by jdlessley »

The ward can make edits and resubmit the quarterly report for a time after it has been initially submitted. I don't recall when the numbers used for the computation of budget allowance are pulled. But I believe it is sometime toward the end of the month the report is required to be initially submitted.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can call local unit support to verify, but at some point it's going to be too late to adjust the quarterly distribution.

However, if I were the stake clerk, I'd be asking some questions about what went wrong with the numbers. And how they are sure the new numbers are accurate. The one that has the most effect on the budget is the sacrament meeting attendance. It seems hard to me to mess that one up.

Errors in the attendance of the youth and primary seems a little more likely, but I still wonder how they'd have good numbers now when they didn't before.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mtroymartin

Post by mtroymartin »

great points, thank you!
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote:You can call local unit support to verify, but at some point it's going to be too late to adjust the quarterly distribution.
Not really. I've had to correct errors in a semi-distant quarterly report (the webpage didn't take one of my numbers and it was reported as "0"). We received an adjustment to our allocation a short time later.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:Not really. I've had to correct errors in a semi-distant quarterly report (the webpage didn't take one of my numbers and it was reported as "0"). We received an adjustment to our allocation a short time later.
It's later then I expected, and perhaps an exception for missing data - but I doubt if you could go back 3 years. I believe the latest distribution (Jan 1) would have been based on the Q3 report - two reports ago.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote:
mfmohlma wrote:Not really. I've had to correct errors in a semi-distant quarterly report (the webpage didn't take one of my numbers and it was reported as "0"). We received an adjustment to our allocation a short time later.
It's later then I expected, and perhaps an exception for missing data - but I doubt if you could go back 3 years. I believe the latest distribution (Jan 1) would have been based on the Q3 report - two reports ago.
It doesn't adjust the regular allocation. It is specified as adjustment (with an accompanying MLS message, to boot). I've got an "Edit" button on our 2001 Q3 report, so it can be edited. Not sure that it would trigger an allocation adjustment that far back, though...
nlrobinson

Post by nlrobinson »

As a stake clerk I have a question from a bishop and ward clerk. In March 2016 due to stake conference and two Sundays on the front and back-end of spring break, their sacrament meeting attendance is down about 40 people from what the average has been over the last six months. They're wondering if they can report some of February's sacrament meeting attendance, as March numbers would adversely affect their budget allocation by using only March sacrament meeting numbers. Is the typical quarterly report attendance number the average for the weeks in the last month of each quarter?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nlrobinson wrote:Is the typical quarterly report attendance number the average for the weeks in the last month of each quarter?
Yes. If there are four weeks, and one of them is stake conference, you would use the average of the other three weeks.

Return to “Membership Help”