having trouble with gospel library

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

ljcooper

having trouble with gospel library

Post by ljcooper »

When I go the the gospel library and pull up a scripture to listen to when I click the play button a black square appears on the lower left corner of the screen and it blocks out that part of the text. Have I got a setting wrong? The window shows up across the bottom to play/pause, ect. It is a solid black box, it has an X in the upper right corner when I click it it stops the play and closes the bottom window. Any help would be greatly appreciate. This is flygirlfisher@yahoo.com.
lmcguire

Re: having trouble with gospel library

Post by lmcguire »

ljcooper,

There are forums specific to the Gospel Library at https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=101 ...for Android, iOS (iPhone / iPad), Windows 8, Windows Phone, etc. In the forum which corresponds to the type of device you're using, you might find there's either already information, or folks with better answers (they may or may not watch this forum, which is for help with the tech.lds.org website).

That said, we really need to know what type of device you're using in order to give an answer. What you describe sounds like it might be Android, except on both of my Androids, that slide up panel with the controls on it disappears after a few seconds, and I get an icon in the notifications area, and have to go there (after the panel disappears) to control the playback. If you are using android, and the panel never disappears, it might be a device-specific issue. On the other hand, I can't remember what iPhone does, and I've never seen GL on any other OS, so I have no clue what they do.

Perhaps you could post the operating system, brand, and model of device you're using, and then a moderator can move this thread to the right forum...

FWIW,

Liz
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lmcguire wrote:There are forums specific to the Gospel Library at https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=101
The topic has been moved to Gospel Library until we can find out what device is involved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:The topic has been moved to Gospel Library until we can find out what device is involved.
This sounds exactly like the Windows 8 Gospel Library issue reported in Gospel Library 2.16.1.230 audio, so I've moved this topic to that specific forum.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

This issue has been resolved. It's not just a black box, it is an empty video playback square. The bug that caused this to appear has been fixed in the current version of the app. Anyone experiencing this issue needs to visit the Windows Store and update Gospel Library to version 2.16.1.300.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
marvmerrill

Sync with my iPod

Post by marvmerrill »

I have a lot of annotations in my iPad Gospel Library that I would like to sync with the Windows version of Gospel Library. How can I do this? ;)
lmcguire

Re: Sync with my iPod

Post by lmcguire »

marvmerrill wrote:I have a lot of annotations in my iPad Gospel Library that I would like to sync with the Windows version of Gospel Library. How can I do this? ;)
If you don't already have one, sign up with an LDS.org account (best if you include your membership number when creating the account). If you have one already, make sure you know the credentials (there are links on the page for what to do if you forgot).

Once you have your credentials for LDS.org, go into the settings in Gospel Library on your iPad (start with the iPad!) and there's a place where you can enter those credentials (I don't have an iPad, but hopefully the training by this guy is still good: http://gospellibrarytraining.blogspot.c ... y-and.html). Once you've entered your credentials, your annotations will sync to the church's servers.

Once that is done, go into the settings in the Windows version of Gospel Library, enter your credentials, and let it sync - it will pull data down off the servers.

NOTE: I am not 100% certain what will happen if you've already made annotations in more than one of these places (iPad GL, Windows GL, LDS.org). I would assume they merge with the most recent changes trumping any older, conflicting changes, but just be aware that if you have conflicts, something may get lost. NOTE: I have 2 android devices, and what I change in one, shows up on the other, and vice versa, even in the odd occasion when I'm using them at the same time (each open to a different place). So I'm assuming your annotations will merge and nothing will be lost (again, unless there's a conflict where multiple locations have the same verse highlighted in different colors, for example).

FWIW,

Liz
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lmcguire wrote:If you don't already have one, sign up with an LDS.org account
They can use the same account used to make the post in this forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

russellhltn wrote:
lmcguire wrote:If you don't already have one, sign up with an LDS.org account
They can use the same account used to make the post in this forum.
Right! Thanks. I always forget that this is the same account - no idea why. :)

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”