Phone number linked to another account?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
JuviaRain

Phone number linked to another account?

Post by JuviaRain »

Trying to update my phone number, but I get the error message, "This phone number is linked to another LDS account and cannot be used." I don't know who used this phone number last, and I think it may still be linked to the previous owner (whoever that is). Any ideas on how I can get this solved? And no, I don't have another number I can use for this. Thanks for any input!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Phone number linked to another account?

Post by russellhltn »

If you go to ldsaccount.lds.org and navigate though the help questions, you'll be given the opportunity to contact someone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”