2015 Tax Statement

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
RasmussenRD

2015 Tax Statement

Post by RasmussenRD »

What date will the 2015 Donor U.S. Tax Statement be available online?
eblood66

Re: 2015 Tax Statement

Post by eblood66 »

There used to be a message on the donations site indicating that the statements would be available no sooner than January 19th and at least by January 31st. That's all we know.
mxmissile

Post by mxmissile »

+1 on this
RasmussenRD

Post by RasmussenRD »

Thank you!
ashlon

Post by ashlon »

good to know thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I received a email a few hours ago saying that 2015 tax statements are now available. And indeed, I can see mine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brogers

Post by brogers »

My wife and I just reviewed our online official 2015 tax statements, and they don't show donations made to another ward's missionary. These donations were all made via a donation slip mailed to the ward, and my wife's membership record was included on those donations. Am I wrong to expect those donations to show up on the official 2015 tax statement? Do I need to ask for a separate tax statement from that ward (in effect creating two separate official tax statements from the church)?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

brogers wrote:My wife and I just reviewed our online official 2015 tax statements, and they don't show donations made to another ward's missionary. These donations were all made via a donation slip mailed to the ward, and my wife's membership record was included on those donations. Am I wrong to expect those donations to show up on the official 2015 tax statement? Do I need to ask for a separate tax statement from that ward (in effect creating two separate official tax statements from the church)?
Yes, they SHOULD show up on your online statement but the missionary's ward has to link your donor record to your membership number and I assume they have not done that.

At this point you should contact that ward and do two things. First, you should ask them to link your donor record to your membership number. This will make sure that any future donations show up on your donation history online. It may make your past donations show up on the online tax statement for last year but we have no experience on that to know whether that happens or how quick it happens. Just to be safe you should also ask the missionary's ward to send you a tax statement for those donations. If it turns out they all show up on the online statement then you can just use that. Otherwise, you'll want to keep both statements. But there's no problem with having two statements. Until the last couple of years that was always what happened when you donated in more than one ward in one year.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

brogers wrote:These donations were all made via a donation slip mailed to the ward, and my wife's membership record was included on those donations. Am I wrong to expect those donations to show up on the official 2015 tax statement?
eblood66 summarized it pretty well.

Assuming you and the missionary's ward are in the United States, you can make these donations online by choosing "Missionary in Other Ward or Branch" under Ward Missionary Fund on the donation slip. You will need the unit number of the ward responsible for the missionary's support.
brogers

Post by brogers »

Now that it is an option all of our donations will be online. We will contact that ward. The prior year they handled our donations correctly and we received from them the statement. I'm not sure how they messed up for 2015. We'll get it straightened out with them.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Return to “Online Donations”