MRN is associated with my account, ward clerk says he can't see it

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
BartHumphries

MRN is associated with my account, ward clerk says he can't see it

Post by BartHumphries »

The recent email about year-end tithing settlement said:
2. Log into your account with the username you used to log into Online Donations 3. Click on Membership. 4. Enter your membership record number (MRN). 5. Click on Save

My account already has an MRS associated with it. But my ward clerk says he doesn't see that on his end.
mfmohlma

Re: MRN is associated with my account, ward clerk says he can't see it

Post by mfmohlma »

BartHumphries wrote:My account already has an MRS associated with it. But my ward clerk says he doesn't see that on his end.
Are you having an issue? If your account already has an MRN associated with it, you should be fine. The ward clerk can't see anything about your LDS account and whether an MRN is associated with it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BartHumphries wrote:But my ward clerk says he doesn't see that on his end.
Where is he looking? He can't see anything about your LDS Account.

There are three problems I can think of:

If you've made donations via an LDS Account that didn't have a MRN associated with it, then clerk won't be able to see the donations. I'm not sure what happens when the MRN is added after the fact. I don't know if your prior donations will now show up or how long that will take.

If you've made donations via the LDS Account, but your donor record in the ward isn't associated with the MRN, then it won't appear where the clerk may be expecting it. Note that on-line donations will only appear in the ward that currently has your membership record. I don't think it will appear in a ward that you may be visiting or that you have a out-of-unit calling (Like Bishop of a singles ward.)

If you can't see the donations you've made to the ward, then the donor record in the ward hasn't been associated with your MRN. In that case, the clerk will have to fix that. I'm not sure when changes done there will show up on your account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BartHumphries

Post by BartHumphries »

The problem was that I switched wards. Apparently if you move to a new ward in, say, October then all of your donations from Jan-Sep will not show up on your tithing statement in your new ward at the end of the year. Or at least that's how things worked four years ago.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BartHumphries wrote:The problem was that I switched wards. Apparently if you move to a new ward in, say, October then all of your donations from Jan-Sep will not show up on your tithing statement in your new ward at the end of the year. Or at least that's how things worked four years ago.
Was this in-person donations? How are you sure your MRN was associated with the donor records in MLS for the old ward? If the clerk of the old ward failed to connect your in-person donations to your membership record, that would explain everything.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

BartHumphries wrote:The problem was that I switched wards. Apparently if you move to a new ward in, say, October then all of your donations from Jan-Sep will not show up on your tithing statement in your new ward at the end of the year. Or at least that's how things worked four years ago.
If the ward has properly associated your donor record in MLS with your membership record, your donations to the ward should appear in the online donation application.
BartHumphries

Post by BartHumphries »

I don't know if it was properly associated or not but it seems to be in my current ward? How would you ask a clerk to check whether or not that happened?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

BartHumphries wrote:I don't know if it was properly associated or not but it seems to be in my current ward? How would you ask a clerk to check whether or not that happened?
He can find your donor record in the Participants section of Leader and Clerk Resources - Finance (LCR - Finance). That will show whether you are marked as a member and whether it shows your MRN on the record. If he needs more details on how to do that you can refer him to post in this thread and we can give more detailed steps.

Return to “Church Account”