Family Search Accessibility For Blind People

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
lassie16

Family Search Accessibility For Blind People

Post by lassie16 »

Hello friends,
Lost story short I'm completely blind and use a screen reader to do everything on my computer. It reads back everything that you guys look at. Navigation is very linear so basically I can jump from heading to heading or link to link but I don't just skim through sites like you're used to.
I'm writing here because I've started trying to learn how to use Family Search but I'm running in to some problems. I am using voice over on my Mac but I can't follow a certain line by choice. The focus seems to jump all over the place between lines but it makes no sense to me.
Does anyone know if there is a way to make this work? I'd love to get involved but so far I'm not having much luck.
I appreciate any help y'all can provide!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Family Search Accessibility For Blind People

Post by russellhltn »

What browser are you using? (I'm assuming your screen reader is using a regular browser.) Have you tried Chrome?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”