Can't Enter System Options after Unit Data Refresh

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dotPlaid

Can't Enter System Options after Unit Data Refresh

Post by dotPlaid »

Problem: I can't enter the System Options in MLS in order to set the privileges for a member with a new calling.

Background: A family showed up on LDS Tools and LCR but not in MLS, so I started a Unit Data Refresh yesterday (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Unit_data_refresh). I completed the last step today and the family now appears in MLS. I want to set the member's privileges so that he may perform his calling, but everytime I click on Edit->System Options I get the message "An Error Occured." See attached.

Any thoughts as to how I may access this tool in MLS would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee
Attachments
An Error Occurred.jpg
(340.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Can't Enter System Options after Unit Data Refresh

Post by jdlessley »

Have you tried doing an install of MLS using the downloaded installer on top of the current installation? This usually fixes some problems similar to this.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The other thing to try is to do some send/receives. It might fix it. Perhaps not everything got downloaded.

But if you don't fix it today, you're stuck until Monday. The unit you need to work with isn't open on the weekends.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dotPlaid

Post by dotPlaid »

Sorry for the delayed response. I wanted to report that the changes kicked in and I was able to complete my assignment. It took several days (4ish) for the changes to effect, but it worked out.

Thanks,
Lee

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”