Was online donation submitted correctly?

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
drusteadman

Was online donation submitted correctly?

Post by drusteadman »

I just paid my first tithing check on line. Is there a way to know if it was submitted correctly?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Was online donation submitted correctly?

Post by aebrown »

drusteadman wrote:I just paid my first tithing check on line. Is there a way to know if it was submitted correctly?
When I submit an online donation, I receive two emails:
  • Shortly after I submit the donation, I get an email titled "Donation Submitted" that says something like "Thank you for submitting your donation entered on <date> for <amount>. Your donation may take 2-3 business days to process completely." The Donation History section will show the donation as "Processing".
  • Then a couple of days later I receive an email titled "Donation Recorded" that says something like "Your donation for <amount> has been recorded to your donation records. We have sent the request to withdraw <amount> from the following bank account: <account>. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. Thank you." The Donation History section will show the donation as "Completed" (I think this is true, but I'm going from memory here -- perhaps it doesn't change to "Completed" until the bank draw has been confirmed).
I suppose that something could still go wrong (insufficient funds, bank account closed, wrong account number, etc.) but I have never experienced that. Within a couple more days, I can see the donation in my bank records.
derfskinsurf

Post by derfskinsurf »

i submitted a fast offering today with my son and he was confused because after paying online a receipt was not instantly received,...instead the online system just said “processing”

could you please do me a favor and email me and confirm the the word “processing” does in fact mean that the payment as been received or not? otherwise past forum members write that it takes 2-3 business days for processing....
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

derfskinsurf wrote:i submitted a fast offering today with my son and he was confused because after paying online a receipt was not instantly received,...instead the online system just said “processing”

could you please do me a favor and email me and confirm the the word “processing” does in fact mean that the payment as been received or not? otherwise past forum members write that it takes 2-3 business days for processing....
I'm not sure who you are asking to email you. Nobody here in this public user-to-user discussion forum has your email address or access to your donation history or status. If you do need further clarification, your ward finance clerk would probably be the person to ask.

In my experience, "processing" means the donation has been successfully submitted from the donor to the Church systems, and a transaction request will be sent to the donor's bank. The donation I made today says "Processing", and my experience gives considerable confidence it will turn to "Completed" in a day or two or three.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

derfskinsurf wrote:i submitted a fast offering today with my son and he was confused because after paying online a receipt was not instantly received,...instead the online system just said “processing”
Forum admins can see the email attached to your Church Account. And in your case, I'm not seeing one.

That might explain why you didn't get a receipt. I'd suggest checking your profile in the on-line Ward Directory and Map or in the Member Tools app and make sure you have an email address at the personal level (not household level).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

When I make donations (via laptop at least), the upper-right side of my screen shows a "Recent Donations" dropdown selection. All my completed donations show a check-mark, and from what I recall, donations being processed show some kind of in-process icon (I know I should really remember!). I think that's a fairly reliable way to know whether a donation was submitted correctly.

Return to “Online Donations”