LDS Tools for iOS 6?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
stmana

LDS Tools for iOS 6?

Post by stmana »

Newbie. Family member gave me a 4th Gen iPod that worked great with LDS tools. I reset the iPod for unrelated reasons and found I could not longer get LDS Tools for iOS6. Any ideas, workarounds? Thanks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools for iOS 6?

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you tried this yet?:
Apple Support: Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X

If that doesn't work, you could join the LDS Tools for iOS project here on LDSTech, and try downloading one of the old betas, like 1644 or earlier.

For others who might be reading: Note that the Apple process for installing an older version of an app doesn't work for installing Gospel Library 2.5, because Gospel Library 3.0 was submitted as a separate app so that the Church could distribute both of them for a time. But it might work for LDS Tools or other apps.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
stmana

Re: LDS Tools for iOS 6?

Post by stmana »

PROBLEM SOLVED: I learned that Apple automatically downloads the latest compatable version. However, to do that I needed to go back to the family member and use their Apple a/c...then voila! This was probably too obvious for most, but as stated I'm a newbie.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”