Family listed under High priests HT rather than Elders

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
blythgoe

Family listed under High priests HT rather than Elders

Post by blythgoe »

I have a family that is listed in the home teaching group for high priest. I need to move the family to the elders quorum home teaching section so that we can correctly assign elders to home teach them. Where in LCR do families get set to high priest or elders for home teaching? I thought it might be under the head of household and the class they are assigned to. The default for this head of household is high priest, however, I have change that to elders but it doesn't seem to make a difference. They still remain in the high priest section for home teaching.

Any Ideas?
blythgoe

Re: Family listed under High priests HT rather than Elders

Post by blythgoe »

After doing a little bit of research I have found that there may not be a way to switch the household from high priest to elders. However, they can be assigned to any home teaching companionship, regardless of which group they are in. unless there is some new functionality that has come in recently there is nothing we can do.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

blythgoe wrote:. . . unless there is some new functionality that has come in recently there is nothing we can do.
You have answered your own question, a frequent one, and correctly, too. Any family with a Head of Household who is an elder will be assigned to the elders quorum. All other families are assigned to the high priests group for home teaching purposes. As you said, though, any family may be assigned to home teachers from either group.
maj9

Post by maj9 »

Just to confirm. I am the Elder's Quorum President in my ward. If the High Priest Group Leader and I get together and determine that a family is better served to be home taught by the High Priests rather than Elders, and accordingly the High Priests assign High Priests to Home Teach that family, then there is no way to move that household to the High Priest stewardship and I will need to have High Priests report their Home Teaching to me?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

maj9 wrote:Just to confirm. I am the Elder's Quorum President in my ward. If the High Priest Group Leader and I get together and determine that a family is better served to be home taught by the High Priests rather than Elders, and accordingly the High Priests assign High Priests to Home Teach that family, then there is no way to move that household to the High Priest stewardship and I will need to have High Priests report their Home Teaching to me?
No. The HP group leader just needs to assign the household to one of his companionships and that will make it part of his stewardship until it is reassigned to one of your companionships or unassigned (in which case it will revert to the default unassigned group).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

maj9 wrote:If the High Priest Group Leader and I get together and determine that a family is better served to be home taught by the High Priests rather than Elders, and accordingly the High Priests assign High Priests to Home Teach that family,
Nit-pick: See Handbook 2: 7.4.2. That's the bishopric's call.

maj9 wrote:then there is no way to move that household to the High Priest stewardship and I will need to have High Priests report their Home Teaching to me?
No, it means if they become unassigned for any reason, he will see it on his list but you won't see it on yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

eblood66 wrote:The HP group leader just needs to assign the household to one of his companionships and that will make it part of his stewardship ...
And the HP group leader can assign the household to a HP companionship by entering (typing) in the household name rather than trying to find it on the list of unassigned households.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”