Howard W Hunter manual

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
mwilwand

Howard W Hunter manual

Post by mwilwand »

Is the teachings of the presidents manual on Howard W Hunter available? It has not shown up in my library
ToManyLetters

Re: Howard W Hunter manual

Post by ToManyLetters »

The Howard W. Hunter manual has been available for quite some time. Are you using the current version of the app? It should show you the version number 3.14.13 (6202) just below "About" in the settings.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
camerontblake

Post by camerontblake »

You should see a tab called "Teachings of Presidents." It will be located there. Try re-syncing your device if you have not done so already.
loiscolton

Post by loiscolton »

I am looking forward to the Howard W Hunter manual being available for the IPAD1. Everything comes out late for it since it is not supported very well anymore. It only runs 2.5 and everyone else has newer versions. So if we could get it, I would be delighted and make studying the lesson easier. Thank you, Lois Colton
cgull

Post by cgull »

Please add the Howard W Hunter manual to the Gospel Library 2.5 for iPod ... yes, it is OLD, but I am still using it ... It took about a month to add the new presidents manual last year, but it finally showed up, but the new manual isn't available as of today ... Thanks Much !!! Carolyn
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as flipping a switch to send content to the old version of the app. The problem is that new content is in a completely different format – coded differently – and converting it to the old format is a significant amount of work. The current content format, HTML 5, has many benefits that the old content formats didn't have – for example, highlighting any part of a manual (included bulleted lists) and easy cross-platform publishing.

I don't know if there are plans to convert the Howard W. Hunter manual to the older format, but I doubt that there will be resources to support the older format much longer. The current solution to this problem, for those who aren't able to use the newest version of the app, is to use the manual at LDS.org in a web browser; or, to download a PDF of the browser and use a PDF reader app to study the manual offline.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”