COI Updates?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lmemmott-p40

COI Updates?

Post by lmemmott-p40 »

We used to get CD's from Church HQ in the mail with the Church Organization Information (COI) on them but the last I've seen was March 2007. Does anyone know if these are still being sent out? ...or do I have to order them? Is the same information available via the Internet now? (This would be good so I wouldn't have to worry about the CD any more.)

Thanks,
Lester M
lmemmott-p40

PS: col.ldschurch.org

Post by lmemmott-p40 »

PS. I learned some time back about http://col.ldschurch.org but after trying to get in I found that it isn't available to clerks. Only to bishops and stake presidents. :( I guess the CD's are the only option for ward clerks but I'm not getting them any longer.

Thanks,
Lester M
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Hi Lester, welcome to the forum!

Yes, I miss those CD's too. I found out they discontinued them in favor of on-line access. I guess they wanted tighter control over it or something.

Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

lmemmott wrote:I learned some time back about http://col.ldschurch.org but after trying to get in I found that it isn't available to clerks. Only to bishops and stake presidents.
Stake Presidents can authorize access to the system for stake clerks. At least that is how it is in the Poole England Stake. Bishops do not have access here, just the stake president and stake clerk. Priesthood Leaders know that can request information from CDOL from either of these brethren.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

cottrells wrote:Stake Presidents can authorize access to the system for stake clerks. At least that is how it is in the Poole England Stake. Bishops do not have access here, just the stake president and stake clerk. Priesthood Leaders know that can request information from CDOL from either of these brethren.

It's the same for Brazil, but, to us, the stake presidency members, the stake clerk and the patriarch have access to the system.
opee

Try maps.lds.org

Post by opee »

One way to get the information about a unit leader is by using the new maps.mls.org. After searching for the area, you can click on the unit icon and it will show you the phone numbers of the unit leader.

Doesn't help Ward Clerks get access to the addresses of Bishops, or a Stake President's information, but it is something to use if you can't find or use the CDs.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”