Ability to access web sites that would help in locating members

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
haslams

Ability to access web sites that would help in locating members

Post by haslams »

I appreciate all that the church is doing concerning all the filters that they have placed on our systems, but in doing so you have blocked our ability to use such urls as whitepages, people locator, and other sites that as clerks we have fewer resources to use in our attempts to find lost records or to find where a member has moved to so that the records could be moved to their new ward or branches, this is very frustrating and limits our abilities.
nelsonfam
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Ability to access web sites that would help in locating members

Post by nelsonfam »

What are the websites you would like to have access too?
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

What are some of the sites other wards have found useful when trying to locate members who seem to have moved out of the area without anyone knowing? We are getting ready to make a push to move those records of people in this situation.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The wiki article Locating members has a good list (albeit somewhat out of date in places).
nelsonfam
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by nelsonfam »

haslams wrote:I appreciate all that the church is doing concerning all the filters that they have placed on our systems, but in doing so you have blocked our ability to use such urls as whitepages, people locator, and other sites that as clerks we have fewer resources to use in our attempts to find lost records or to find where a member has moved to so that the records could be moved to their new ward or branches, this is very frustrating and limits our abilities.

I've submitted a few sites to our filtering provider for them to be allowed.
nathangorrell

Post by nathangorrell »

I'm going to repost this as a new thread, but does anyone here have insight on purchasing a 'subscription/license' to the website BeenVerified.com and using it to assist in locating members?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nathangorrell wrote:I'm going to repost this as a new thread, but does anyone here have insight on purchasing a 'subscription/license' to the website BeenVerified.com and using it to assist in locating members?
It's always nice to see someone magnify their calling, but that's beyond what we've been asked to do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”