Question regarding the use of church themes in app?

frogman210

Question regarding the use of church themes in app?

Post by frogman210 »

hey,

I was just wondering what the process was like to ensure that no rules or laws are broken when attempting to put together an lds church themed app or game. I have been playing around with the idea of a few fun apps/games that I could build specifically to help teach my son some gospel principles and stories. I just was wanted to find out what i needed to do to insure that nothing i was doing was illegal or maybe more importantly against what the church stands for as far as that kind of thing goes. If anyone could point me in the right direction to see how the proper process of this works that would be much appreciated, thank you for your time.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Question regarding the use of church themes in app?

Post by aebrown »

frogman210 wrote:hI just was wanted to find out what i needed to do to insure that nothing i was doing was illegal or maybe more importantly against what the church stands for as far as that kind of thing goes. If anyone could point me in the right direction to see how the proper process of this works that would be much appreciated.
In the Rights and Use Information link that is at the bottom of every page on LDS.org, scroll down to the "Questions and Copyright Requests" section. That should answer your question about whom to contact.
frogman210

Post by frogman210 »

awesome, thank you for responding. That is what i was looking for I am sure. Hope you have a great day!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

– For the past couple of years, the Church has sponsored an app and game contest as part of the annual LDSTech Conference. Some of the guidelines on this page under "Rules" might be helpful for anyone creating Church-related apps: https://tech.lds.org/blog/609
– Handbook 2 explains that the Church logo should not be used in third-party projects, even for wards and stakes.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Mobile Applications”