Can't start account for Online Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
tanyaleeplatt

Can't start account for Online Donations

Post by tanyaleeplatt »

I have been trying to start an account for online donations since Jan. 3rd and have been told each time after entering all of my information that it can't go through at this time and to try again. Is the server overwhelmed? Am I doing something wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't start account for Online Donations

Post by russellhltn »

When you say an "account" I assume you mean enter your banking information, since you clearly have an ldsaccount to be able to post here.

It's possible it has something to do with the bank you are using. Another post suggested that some banks use a different routing number for EFT than what's printed on the check.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

tanyaleeplatt wrote:I have been trying to start an account for online donations since Jan. 3rd and have been told each time after entering all of my information that it can't go through at this time and to try again. Is the server overwhelmed? Am I doing something wrong?
As a quality assurance engineer working on Online Donations, I have been unable to reproduce the problem you are talking about. Could you please send me a private message to explain in further detail the steps you are taking, the type of device you are using, the browser you are using, and what you are seeing?
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

tanyaleeplatt wrote:I have been trying to start an account for online donations since Jan. 3rd and have been told each time after entering all of my information that it can't go through at this time and to try again. Is the server overwhelmed? Am I doing something wrong?
Is this still happening for you? I believe this may have something to do with very strict firewall settings on the machine or network you are using to make the add bank account request from that is not allowing the web service call to validate the bank information. I would recommend trying from a different machine or network.

Return to “Online Donations”