Duplicated Membership Record

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
krhinkey

Duplicated Membership Record

Post by krhinkey »

I have a duplicate child record. I recently took over as Ward Clerk and found we have a family with a new child and it has been entered twice. There are 2 record numbers but they have the exact same information. Does anyone know what the process is to have one of these deleted?
krhinkey

Re: Duplicated Membership Record

Post by krhinkey »

I spoke to the family and confirmed its a duplicate. I just cant find how I remove this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KevDawg

Post by KevDawg »

I had the same problem. When I went to the link as indicated above and did as it states in MLS, the change has taken place in MLS but the duplicate is still showing up in LCR. It has been nearly 24 hours since I made the correction. How long does it normally take to show up in LCR?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

KevDawg wrote:How long does it normally take to show up in LCR?
I'd wait a couple more days and if it's still there, call Local Unit Support. While most changes are nearly instant, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual delete is something manually reviewed and approved before it's done on the CHQ side.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”