Photo not showing....

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Photo not showing....

Post by zaneclark »

I am a stake assistant clerk trying to encourage the wards to post photos to the directory. As I check the various wards, I often find a small icon with the word "photo." in place of a photo... Could this mean that the member has posted a photo but it hasn't been approved by an administrator?
Attachments
nophoto.jpg
nophoto.jpg (4.57 KiB) Viewed 735 times
mevans

Re: Photo not showing....

Post by mevans »

I periodically see this and can't explain it. I think sometimes it might just mean some church system isn't working at the moment. But, if you see it consistently, that may not be the issue.

I have sometimes seen this when moving new people into our ward. I think there are sometimes problems with photos when changing wards. If it doesn't go away, I just take new pictures.

Your theory that an admin hasn't approved it is another good idea. I've wondered if that's what happens when someone's records move in and they have unapproved photos from the previous unit.

Do you have any idea if these people with the photo placeholder moved in to your stake recently? Also, I have a vague recollection that you mentioned in another post that they reorganized stake boundaries in your area somewhat recently? If so, that would mean that a lot of people changed units in some form and could give credibility to problems with photos when changing units.

If you see a bunch of these and your units were reorganized recently, this could be a great opportunity for a church developer to debug the situation and solve the problem. I don't know how you'd get that to happen; maybe your stake president would have to bring it up with CHQ. Half the battle in solving problems is being able to recreate them or observe them when happening. You might have great data that would help the developers.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just did a check of each ward in the stake and didn't find any of these icons in place of photos.... I do not remember which wards I found these in originally so I can't say if this means there is now a photo instead of the icon or a blank spot.... Just another day on the Directory!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The developers indicated that they were working on a "major backend upgrade" that would fix some photo problems. That was 11 days ago. So I'm not sure if you were seeing a transitory problem or if it's now fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”