Renaming Primary classes

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
harding6038

Renaming Primary classes

Post by harding6038 »

I have some classes in Primary that I combine, the Valiant 10 & 11 Boys and Valiant 10 & 11 Girls, last year I combined them and renamed them but this year I am unable to do so. I can combine all girls in a class and all the boys but I have the girls listed under Valiant 11 and boy Valiant 10 because I am unable to rename them. Has this function changed? I have one other class that I combine and it did let me rename but I wasn't separating boys and girls in that class.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Renaming Primary classes

Post by russellhltn »

In situations like this, I like to start with the Handbook. Handbook 2: 11.7 says "In a ward with few children, Primary leaders may combine two or more age-groups into one class." I notice it says "age group". That may or may not include a gender group.

On the other hand, the same section indicates that Primary can be combined into a single class if the numbers are that small.

We'll have to see if the developers indicate what was in the "business rules" handed down from above.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Renaming Primary classes

Post by scgallafent »

Because you are using two standard classes (even though you have mixed and shuffled the children) they cannot be renamed.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”