Polls to help the Church Developers

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
atticusewig

Polls to help the Church Developers

Post by atticusewig »

Now that we have a sizable user community,
are there any plans to add polls to this site
that might be put to use by the Church Developers ?

Something like:
Which of the following bugs/features in (MLS/LUWS)
do you think are the most critical in fulfilling your calling ?

Perhaps everything is already detailed out, or the
other feedback is categorized for them; However it
seems like a nice way for the Community to help out
the Church Development teams to gauge what the
users consider to be most important.

Does your CMS let you have multiple polls, so
various opinions can be quantified and reported
to the development teams ?

- Atticus Ewig
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

The software we are using supports polls. However, it is up to the product managers of the various products to come up with polls that they want to ask. I've offered the service to them and I expect to see some come in the near future relating to product. However there is one thing to keep in mind. Polls on this web site will get the technical crowds input. It does not reflect the input from people who don't have interest in this tech web site. As a tech community we can think of cool features to add to software all year long. However someone who is not as technical can easily get lost with all of the fancy features we add. So the other departments do spend time querying other users as well.

What other kinds of general interest polls should we conduct?

Tom
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tomw wrote:What other kinds of general interest polls should we conduct?
As a thought off the top of my head, how about ranking the importance of proposed features for LUWS? For example, if we were given a list of 20 features but only 10 could be implemented, what would be pick? Hmmmm, that may not work out to a poll format. How about the most important feature?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

RussellHltn wrote:As a thought off the top of my head, how about ranking the importance of proposed features for LUWS? For example, if we were given a list of 20 features but only 10 could be implemented, what would be pick? Hmmmm, that may not work out to a poll format. How about the most important feature?
I'll pass your suggestion on to the product teams to see if they would like to perform some research that way. I was thinking, however, are there some general interest polls people would like me to ask? As an example, currently on the home page we ask what region of the world people are from.

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Maybe for a techy poll we could have, which programming language do you use the most? It might be hard to chose just one but it is worth a shot and we could see the possible background of the users on their programming side.

Question could be reformatted to say, which programming language do you prefer to use? That way we can see what the community wants to program in. (Excelent resource for new open source projects)
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tomw wrote:I was thinking, however, are there some general interest polls people would like me to ask?
My first question would be along the lines of age or experience. If I find a good photo of a KSR 33 with the right attachments, I was thinking about using that as my avatar. (The first computer I got to use)

The second is how many Amateur Radio operators we have and what class?

Likewise I'm sure we can come up with a skills list to see what kind of group we have here.
rhusted-p40

Post by rhusted-p40 »

What software are you using for the tech.lds.com site? It's very cool!
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

rhusted wrote:What software are you using for the tech.lds.com site? It's very cool!
We use a combination of several different pieces of software. The front page and all of the stories we publish is on a program called "Joomla". The Forums are a product called "vBulletin", and the wiki is "MediaWiki".

Tom

Return to “Help with this forum”