Latest update appears to be missing features

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

jaycenornin

Latest update appears to be missing features

Post by jaycenornin »

Looks like I was recently updated to 2.15.11.140 on both my Surface and my Lumia phone. This version appears to be missing the highlighting functions on the radial dial. I have read on the UserVoice page that the radial dial is going to be deprecated but I'm unable to find the highlighting functions anywhere else in the app - there's no toolbar or button I can find for them.

My phone also now displays a big red BETA banner across the icon, even though I'm fairly confident I have been using the final non-beta version of the app. I'm wondering if someone might have accidentally uploaded a beta to the final version store page. Is anyone else having these problems or should I reinstall?
ToManyLetters

Re: Latest update appears to be missing features

Post by ToManyLetters »

Looks like I was recently updated to 2.15.11.140 on both my Surface and my Lumia phone. This version appears to be missing the highlighting functions on the radial dial. I have read on the UserVoice page that the radial dial is going to be deprecated but I'm unable to find the highlighting functions anywhere else in the app - there's no toolbar or button I can find for them.
You should be able to check the Windows Phone Store for version 2.15.11.141, which gets rid of the beta artwork for the app on Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile. In either case, the highlighting for the radial menu hasn't changed and should be working as expected. Ensure that you're attempting to highlight content that has the ability to be highlighted. For example, check the standard works, like a verse in 2 Nephi.

The radial menu won't be deprecated until version 3.x of the app--the fully rewritten version for the Windows 10 platform. It will be some time before this version is available as it is still in its infancy.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
jaycenornin

Post by jaycenornin »

Thanks, the 141 update appears to have resolved the icon issue. As for the highlighting, I guess that chapter headings aren't able to be highlighted...
pzylik

Post by pzylik »

I'm on the same version, using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3. Trying to highlight material in my Gospel Doctrine lesson manual, which has never been an issue before today, and I can't highlight anything in a bulleted paragraph. The radial button only has options to share or copy. Please fix this! I rely on those highlights to streamline and focus my lesson! Thank you!
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

pzylik wrote:I'm on the same version, using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3. Trying to highlight material in my Gospel Doctrine lesson manual, which has never been an issue before today, and I can't highlight anything in a bulleted paragraph. The radial button only has options to share or copy. Please fix this! I rely on those highlights to streamline and focus my lesson! Thank you!
As already noted above, some content simply doesn't support annotations. This is why the application isn't giving you the option to annotate the bulleted lists.

Things that often aren't annotatable include:
- Bulleted or numbered lists
- Tables and the content inside them
- Chapter headings and summaries

There is nothing we can do as app developers to fix these issues. The content simply doesn't support annotations there. As I understand it, the content team is in the process of changing how content handles annotations, and so we may see the ability to annotate these types of content in the future. For now, however, it just isn't possible, no matter the platform.
Pumkenheim

Creating and Searching Tags

Post by Pumkenheim »

I use GL on iOS, Android, and Windows 8. This is the first time I've encountered the problem of not being able to add tags to my annotations. The tags sync from the other devices, but I haven't found a way to create them while in the Win 8 app. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?
ToManyLetters

Re: Creating and Searching Tags

Post by ToManyLetters »

Pumkenheim wrote:I use GL on iOS, Android, and Windows 8. This is the first time I've encountered the problem of not being able to add tags to my annotations. The tags sync from the other devices, but I haven't found a way to create them while in the Win 8 app. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?
Tags are not yet available on Gospel Library for Windows. They are available for use as an incomplete Preview Feature in the beta, also available on the Windows Store, but the feature is not complete. It will be available as a completed feature in a future release.

http://ldswin.uservoice.com/
Pumkenheim

Post by Pumkenheim »

thank you

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”