People Finder Website

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Hilohi

People Finder Website

Post by Hilohi »

We have a bunch of members in our ward directory that no longer actually live within our ward boundaries. With the plethora of people finder websites, do any of you have any recommendations?
davesudweeks

Re: People Finder Website

Post by davesudweeks »

I have tried many and they almost all claim to have located the person I was looking for. However, they all refused to divulge address/phone information without paying for it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Hilohi wrote:. . . do any of you have any recommendations?
Follow the steps in the move process as best you can, and then send the records to address unknown if you have not located the member.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Where do we find those steps in the move process. I remember reading them and discussing them a year or so ago, but need to refer back to them. Are they in the help section?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Where do we find those steps in the move process. I remember reading them and discussing them a year or so ago, but need to refer back to them. Are they in the help section?
They are in the Move Records Out article at the Help Center. They will also appear when the clerk begins the process of moving a record at LCR and marks that the address is not known. He will have to check the boxes that the steps have been taken to try and locate the member locally before the record is sent.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Hilohi wrote:We have a bunch of members in our ward directory that no longer actually live within our ward boundaries. With the plethora of people finder websites, do any of you have any recommendations?
Both FamilySearch.org and Ancestry provide information from United States Public Records. FamilySearch.org doesn't even require you to login to perform a search. I don't know how current or accurate the information is, but it is worth a shot. Try doing a search for yourself and see what comes up.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
forresthickman

Post by forresthickman »

i personally have found numerous people on Facebook... i see their name, their friends (who i know) and then either send them a private conversation, or get the friend of the person to get it for me. i had one tonight just like that. i noticed when i typed the persons name i was looking for, they had a friend of mine, listed as a friend of her's.... don't just do a search on FB, go further and look at their friends to see if you recognize anyone who could help.

Return to “Membership Help”