Help a Fellow Mormon (Serious need)

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Gyrannon

Help a Fellow Mormon (Serious need)

Post by Gyrannon »

Hello, I'm here on behalf of a dear friend of mine who is also a Mormon, but even though I don't believe in any religion, I still am seeking help for a friend.
He lives in Arizona, and the courts there are literally making his life much harder than it already is.
He has seizures, he's had a stroke few times (too young for strokes), and he owes child support - he wishes he could pay, he loves his son dearly, but because of his medical issues, it makes it near impossible for him to keep a job.

Now the courts, in a truly idiotic ruling, are threatening him to get a job (even though he's trying), and if he doesn't get one soon, they'll take his driver's license away (even though the nearest store is 8 miles away & the next closest is 25 miles) thereby making it even harder for him to get one.
And in 4 months, if he doesn't acquire a job, they'll throw him in jail.

I've never known a finer & more noble man in my life and the problems that he's going through is too much. I doubt he'd ask the Church for help, so I figured I'd ask for him. If there's a way for the LDS Church to help my friend, and a fellow Mormon, who is in dire need.
Please help! Is there someone he can contact, is there a branch in Arizona that would help? I'm looking for all possible ways to help my friend.
lmcguire

Re: Help a Fellow Mormon (Serious need)

Post by lmcguire »

Gyrannon,

As this is a technology-discussion forum, there may not be anyone here who can help in the way your friend needs. However, if you go to this link:

https://www.lds.org/maps/?lang=eng&cid=HP14FAM

...it will load the meetinghouse locator. If you start from your friend's location, it should identify the nearest meetinghouse and the wards/branches which meet there. One of those will be your friend's. There will be contact info for those wards/branches, and one or more will be able to get you to the correct ward/branch, and those people will be able to help their fellow ward/branch member.

Liz
Gyrannon

Re: Help a Fellow Mormon (Serious need)

Post by Gyrannon »

Thanks Liz :)

Return to “General Discussions”