death of non-member spouse

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
travisjensen55

death of non-member spouse

Post by travisjensen55 »

We have a sister in our ward who's spouse was not a member. He passed away a couple years ago and she asked to have his name taken off her record. His name shows up under the "household" tab on her record. When I go into the online LCR and hit "edit" I can change their marriage date or location, but I can't remove him. So, two questions:

1) What is the protocol for dealing with deaths of non-member spouses? Simply delete them?

2) I suppose I'll have to do the deletion in MLS on the clerk's office computer – doesn't seem available in online LCR?

Thanks...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: death of non-member spouse

Post by russellhltn »

You need to terminate the marriage - reason, death.

I'm not sure if you can do that in LCR or not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
travisjensen55

Post by travisjensen55 »

OK, thanks. Looks like I'll have to do that in MLS.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

travisjensen55 wrote:1) What is the protocol for dealing with deaths of non-member spouses? Simply delete them?

2) I suppose I'll have to do the deletion in MLS on the clerk's office computer – doesn't seem available in online LCR?
Record the death using MLS. Go to the member record and choose the option to terminate the marriage. It should be fairly straightforward from there.

Return to “Membership Help”