Gospel Libary iPad Pro support

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jensen.hamblin

Gospel Libary iPad Pro support

Post by jensen.hamblin »

Hi I was wondering if there has been talk about support for the iPad Pro as well as split screen multitasking. I haven't been able to find anything on it but it would be a great feature to have.
carsonm

Re: Gospel Libary iPad Pro support

Post by carsonm »

I have not heard anything official for the iPad Pro, but it may take a while as iOS apps have been built for full screen usage/scenarios in the past.

One option to get the full spilt screen feature on the iPad Pro is to get something like the following. The Kangaroo http://www.kangaroo.cc/kangaroo.php basically is a portable version of the full Windows 10 experience (64bit) in a device about the size of an iPhone 5 for 6s Using an app called OS Linx, you can run Windows 10 (not the mobile version) on pretty much any iOS device, including the IPad Pro. (As far as I understand) It connects to the iOS device via the lightning cable.

Use Windows 10 on the iPad Pro or other iOS device you can run the Gospel Library and the Gospel Library Beta app side by side.

Again it is one option for now you can try if you want the split screen option on a iOS device.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

The split screen mode on iPad Pro would be a huge benefit for gospel students using Gospel library. The ability to bring up gospel library on half the screen and then being able to open other apps (i.e. notes, safari, evernote, etc.) would be a wonderful thing.
kylerdavis

Post by kylerdavis »

I agree this would be of great benefit. However, the impact goes beyond the iPad Pro. Any iPad using iOS9 is able to use the split screen feature, so there is a larger pool of users that would benefit from an enhancement. By the way, I noticed that the lds tools app already supports split screen.
rickferguson

Post by rickferguson »

I'd also like to add my hope that Gospel Library will soon support split view on my iPad Pro running iOS 9. As has been pointed out, it's more than just the iPad Pro. My daughter has one of the new iPad Minis running iOS 9 & split view apps work on that.
One nice thing to point out - although for me at least not as useful as split view - is that Gospel Library videos do support the iOS 9 picture-in-picture on supported devices. :D
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

The next update to Gospel Library will include Split View and iPad Pro support. However, it is currently delayed as we're in the middle of a major content system upheaval. I don't dare to speculate when it will be ready, but I would not expect it any time soon.
s.atkinson

Post by s.atkinson »

Hiltonc any update on eta

Also will this support the ability to annote the margins using the apple pencil that would be incredible!
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

Things are moving along, but I still don't know when.

Yeah, Apple Pencil writing in the margins would be pretty awesome! We don't have any plans in that area yet, but will consider it.
s.atkinson

Post by s.atkinson »

Thanks for the reply.

I've recently bought an iPad pro and am a bit disapointed I can't use gospel library and Evernote at the same time. So it's good to know things are moving along.

It would be great if plans could be made although I'm sure devolper time is limited and things need to be proprietized

It would be amazing to have a highlighter tool and a pen tool to use with the apple pencil and then we could highlight and annotate the app the same way we can annotate our paper scriptures.
rfgt

Re: Gospel Libary iPad How can I download the scriptures audio

Post by rfgt »

How can I download scripture audio on my ipod

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”