Error Adding Non-Resident Member

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
rssatterfield

Error Adding Non-Resident Member

Post by rssatterfield »

The Web administrator for my stake has tried several times to add a new bishop in our stake as a non-resident member. He gets back the error "Your search for a non-resident member did not work." Does anyone know under what conditions that error is given? Did he provide a non-matching record number and confirmation date perhaps? Does a non-resident member need to be added to the stake MLS as an out-of-unit member first? Thank you!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rssatterfield wrote:The Web administrator for my stake has tried several times to add a new bishop in our stake as a non-resident member. He gets back the error "Your search for a non-resident member did not work." Does anyone know under what conditions that error is given? Did he provide a non-matching record number and confirmation date perhaps? Does a non-resident member need to be added to the stake MLS as an out-of-unit member first? Thank you!

For non-resident members on the local unit web site, there is no connection to MLS, so you don't need to worry about that (MLS has a somewhat similiar concept, but there is no data linkage between the two).

I would definitely check the record number and confirmation date to see if they are correct -- that seems to be the most likely problem.

Another limitation is that a person can only be a non-resident member of one stake, as discussed in this thread. But according to that thread, the message given in this case does specifically state that the person is already a non-resident member of another stake.
rssatterfield

Post by rssatterfield »

Thank you, Alan! It did turn out to be an error with the confirmation date. It helped knowing there is no data linkage between non-resident members (on LUWS) and out-of-unit members (on MLS).
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Has anyone had any problems adding non-resident members whose membership numbers end with "A"? I know the membership number is correct, and he is confident the confirmation date is correct, yet I still cannot add him. I have been able to add several others whose membership numbers are all numbers without any problems. With him, I checked every possible date in the entire month without any success.

He mentioned an acquaintance of his whose membership number ends in an "A" also had trouble creating an account and had to contact HQ. That wouldn't surprise me, but I'd imagine it would have been corrected by now. Any help would be appreciated.
crislapi

No difference if has an "A"

Post by crislapi »

crislapi wrote:...he is confident the confirmation date is correct, yet I still cannot add him.
Never mind. He was confident, yet incorrect. We got the correct date and had no trouble adding him.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”