multiple selection

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
nfuhriman

multiple selection

Post by nfuhriman »

In the Notes and journals. it would be nice to be able to select multiple notes and tag or put them into a journal.
PamelaBonta

Re: multiple selection

Post by PamelaBonta »

Could you please be more specific as to what you are trying to do? Thanks!
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Pamela,

I'm pretty sure they mean:

1) Select a particular tag and have everything so tagged added to a notebook (instead of having to select each individual item in the list (see next)).

2) In a list of highlights (whether the list is displayed by picking a tag, another notebook, or unassigned, or whatever), have a checkbox (or something) next to each highlight so you can select several of them, and then choose from an "action" drop-down (or toolbar, or similar) an option to put the selected items into a notebook. (We can do this in Android Gospel Library - open any view that shows a list of highlights, long tap on one, this selects it and shows checkboxes next to all the items in that list, then after selecting whichever ones we want, we can tap an icon to add them to a notebook (existing or new).) Pretty sure this would be a totally new feature in the website notes.

FWIW,

Liz
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Yes, both would be new to online Notes. I would suggest that nfuhriman submit a feedback item through the bottom of any LDS.org webpage with that information in it. That way, when the developers receive their feedback, they will see the suggestion - make sure it is labeled as a Suggestion.
lacisterna

On line notes

Post by lacisterna »

Can I mark my scriptures, lessons, etc through my laptop? I am pretty sure I could do this a while back. It seems that now I can only do it when I am on my phone or tablet. Is this not available anymore? If it is can someone tell me the steps? I do have an account.
VDorff
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: On line notes

Post by sbradshaw »

lacisterna wrote:Can I mark my scriptures, lessons, etc through my laptop? I am pretty sure I could do this a while back. It seems that now I can only do it when I am on my phone or tablet. Is this not available anymore? If it is can someone tell me the steps? I do have an account.
VDorff
You need to make sure you're logged in with your LDS Account, and also, currently study functionality only works in English content.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Also, the current version of Study Notebook does not allow one to highlight any sort of special formatting, including special fonts, some italics, long quotations, or bullets. Here is one way to work around the bug:

1. Highlight the bullets.
2. Hit CTRL and C at the same time.
3. Highlight the sentence *before* the bullets and when the little box comes up....
4. Click on the 'Note' part.
5. Then, hit CTRL and V. The bullets that you felt were important will be saved in your journal, even if they are not highlighted on your page.

Study Notebook also does not work with every page on LDs.org - only scriptures, manuals and magazine articles from 2008 to the present, and selections from 2007 and before. You can use a similar procedure to save important information on these other types of pages:
1. Highlight the information.
2. Hit CTRL and C at the same time.
3. Create a new journal entry.
4. Click on the note part.
5. Then, hit CTRL and V. The information that you wanted to highlight will be saved in your journal, even if it is not highlighted on your page.
mevans

Post by mevans »

PamelaBonta wrote:Study Notebook also does not work with every page on LDs.org - only scriptures, manuals and magazine articles from 2008 to the present, and selections from 2007 and before.
I had no idea about the "2008 to the present" part for magazine articles. I periodically am looking at older Ensign magazine issues (either something comes up on LDS Search or a manual refers to an old article I want to read) and I think I've always seen Notes work. Maybe I'm lucky and happen to be hitting the pre-2008 selections.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

They were working on getting them coded - but only 2008 to the present is 'guaranteed' to be done. :)
lacisterna

Re: On line notes

Post by lacisterna »

sbradshaw wrote:
lacisterna wrote:Can I mark my scriptures, lessons, etc through my laptop? I am pretty sure I could do this a while back. It seems that now I can only do it when I am on my phone or tablet. Is this not available anymore? If it is can someone tell me the steps? I do have an account.
VDorff
You need to make sure you're logged in with your LDS Account, and also, currently study functionality only works in English content.

If I am in study mode I can highlight and tag and write in notes, but I can not select different colors like on the app version. Most of my previous journal notes and color selection were through my laptop. I don't even see the colors or notes now. Can you tell me how to do this?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”