Getting Force Close on Custom Rom AICP 11.0 Cyanogenmod 13.0

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dansoh

Getting Force Close on Custom Rom AICP 11.0 Cyanogenmod 13.0

Post by dansoh »

Hi,

I hope this gets to someone in LDSTech. I tried upgrading to 2 different Custom Rom - 1. AICP 11.0 running Cyanogenmod 13.0, 2. Nexus Pure Rom all running Android 6 on Nexus 6. The AICP running Android 5.11 has no problems as below.

The Gospel Library would FC (force close) every time I highlight more than a word. But if I just highlight a word, it will continue. But the moment I drag the selector icon to select more words, FC.

I have tried on another phone, One Plus One with the same rom, it also has the same issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both phones, but same FC.

Thanks

Daniel
Last edited by dansoh on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Getting Force Close on Custom Rom AICP 11.0 Cyanogenmod 13.0

Post by russellhltn »

I believe there's a feedback link in the app. That's the best way to report it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dansoh

Post by dansoh »

I did feedback using the link on 30 Dec 2015, but I haven't heard back after their first reply. I have send a few emails after that, but no replies.
dansoh

Post by dansoh »

No reply from email android-support@ldsmail.net. At least a reply with we are looking into it would be fine. But nothing still.

Sad this is happening here.
DarinJGray

Post by DarinJGray »

Believe I can shed some light on this. While testing an app across several devices I observed the same behavior on a CM13 based phone using Banks gApps. I tried AOSP on the device same results. However when I flashed CM13/Open gApps Stock this functioned fine. I tried Open gApps Full (next step down) and it failed again. There are several things not removed in full that are removed in stock but I haven't dedicated the time to finding out what it was. There is an Aroma installer if you want to try and customize your install to see if you can figure it out.

Bottom line try re-flashing and using Open gApps Stock and see if that works for you. You can also try Aroma if you wish but I will tell you I did not have a great deal of good luck after a couple of quick attempts.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”