Removing access to a specific unit's membership info

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
DKTarbet

Removing access to a specific unit's membership info

Post by DKTarbet »

Is there a method to remove a specific unit's membership from LDS tools and only make it available through MLS or limit access to only the Branch President and Stake Leaders. In our Stake we have a Branch which is comprised only of Inmates at a State and Federal Penitentiary. For confidentially and privacy purposes, we would like to remove all information about this Branch from the General Stake Membership, and only allow access by the Branch President and Stake Officers with the proper sign-on credentials.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Removing access to a specific unit's membership info

Post by russellhltn »

What I'd suggest is having a branch leader go into the directory on lds.org, go into that unit, and setting each member's privacy to "Leadership Only". I believe that would remove the member information from the general membership.

Note that people holding callings will still show up in the calling area.

For anything beyond that, I'd suggest contacting Local Unit Support.

I'll add, that while it may be a sensitive situation, I tend to suspect the fact that someone is a inmate is public information from the government. So the legal expectation of privacy might be quite limited. But what I suggested above would give you the more restrictive privacy that is granted to members in other countries that have strict laws.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
DKTarbet

Post by DKTarbet »

Thanks, I will check into that.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DKTarbet wrote:In our Stake we have a Branch which is comprised only of Inmates at a State and Federal Penitentiary. For confidentially and privacy purposes, we would like to remove all information about this Branch from the General Stake Membership, and only allow access by the Branch President and Stake Officers with the proper sign-on credentials.
In a discussion with your stake presidency and the branch president, they might determine that the privacy setting of all of the branch members should be set to Private -- Leadership Only. This would have the effect you desire, and the branch clerk could make it happen.

This would also limit stake leader access to the stake presidency, clerks, and administrators, however. Other stake leaders would not see the information.

Return to “Member Tools”