Submit Tithing Batch

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kbhuffaker

Submit Tithing Batch

Post by kbhuffaker »

We have a new financial clerk and we have him so he can log in and do all the tithing stuff. But he can't process a batch. He hasn't completed the signature card yet but it's in process. Is the signature card what is holding him back from being able to submit a batch? If not what else might it be?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Submit Tithing Batch

Post by lajackson »

kbhuffaker wrote:We have a new financial clerk and we have him so he can log in and do all the tithing stuff. But he can't process a batch. He hasn't completed the signature card yet but it's in process. Is the signature card what is holding him back from being able to submit a batch? If not what else might it be?
It sounds as if you have him properly set up in MLS. He also needs to hold the standard position of Assistant Clerk -- Finances in LCR, and it needs to flow back to MLS, so check that next.

The signature card does not affect this situation.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

And his MLS login has to be tied to his membership record so the machine can recognize his calling. But I'm guessing the calling hasn't flowed from LCR to MLS yet. A send/receive or two should help.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kbhuffaker

Post by kbhuffaker »

Thanks. I'll check his MLS rights.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

For someone to help authorize a tithing batch, he must:
1) Have a membership record or out-of-unit membership record in the ward.
2) Have an applicable calling recorded (this is done on Leader and Clerk Resources): bishop, bishopric first counselor, bishopric second counselor, ward clerk, ward assistant clerk, or ward assistant clerk—finance (not ward assistant clerk—membership). This must be a standard calling and not a custom calling (make sure there's not an asterisk to the left of the calling name in Leader and Clerk Resources).
3) Have an MLS user account created: member of unit, tied to their membership record or out-of-unit membership record, and finance checked.

If he is not able to help authorize a batch, chances are that step 2 or 3 were done incorrectly or incompletely.

If step 2 or 3 were done but it still doesn't work, you could try to send and receive changes, log out and back in (the tithing batch will save), or, as a last effort before calling support, request a unit data refresh and follow it up with some send and receive changes.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kbhuffaker

Post by kbhuffaker »

Thanks everyone for your help. I didn't realize that I needed to add him to LCR. I've done that now so he should be able to complete batches this next Sunday.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hopefully anyone who gets a calling is added to LCR. In most cases, that's the electronic keys to their calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
juddwhetten

Post by juddwhetten »

I am an acting branch leader in Spain. i am lacking the ability to approve batches in the finance section. I can approve expenditures and change membership records. I am signed up in MLS with appropriate authorizations and am listed in LCR. The only thing I see missing is my set apart date. Would that keep me from approving batches?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

juddwhetten wrote:I am an acting branch leader in Spain. i am lacking the ability to approve batches in the finance section. I can approve expenditures and change membership records. I am signed up in MLS with appropriate authorizations and am listed in LCR. The only thing I see missing is my set apart date. Would that keep me from approving batches?
I'd verify that you have finance rights in MLS. The rights in MLS are separate from your calling.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”