Less active member in calling

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
roni16

Less active member in calling

Post by roni16 »

Does anyone know what happens when a member has a calling and they become less active and still not released from that calling?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Less active member in calling

Post by lajackson »

roni16 wrote:Does anyone know what happens when a member has a calling and they become less active and still not released from that calling?
That would be entirely up to the bishopric or branch presidency. Under inspiration, they make the callings and releases in wards and branches.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

roni16 wrote:Does anyone know what happens when a member has a calling and they become less active and still not released from that calling?
They remain in that calling until released. The ward/stake leadership controls releases, so I don't see any hold-up just because they are inactive.

If the record is moved from the ward (such as moved to the address unknown file), then the calling is dropped from the computer system, even if there is no formal release. Once out of the computer system, it's only a matter of time before it's forgotten.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

As an example, while I was stake clerk, I routinely sent training email messages to all ward clerks and their assistants. I received a reply from a ward membership clerk saying, "I am no longer a member of your church." Since his calling granted him significant privileges in LCR, I recommended to the bishop and the stake president to release him as soon as possible, which they did.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
roni16

Post by roni16 »

Thank you all for your responses

Return to “General Discussions”