Adding names to the Nursery Attendance Roll

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sabbathman

Adding names to the Nursery Attendance Roll

Post by sabbathman »

Hello, I am a brand new clerk and am stumped on how to add a name of a child to the nursery roll.

I've printed the roll and two of our children do not show up who are over the age of 18 months. Both children are listed in LCR as being children to families that are listed as members in our branch, so I'm not sure why the children are not being listed in the roll. All pertinent information of the children are in LCR.

Thanks for the help.

Brother Tuoti
Del Norte Branch
Alamosa Colorado Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding names to the Nursery Attendance Roll

Post by russellhltn »

sabbathman wrote:Both children are listed in LCR as being children to families that are listed as members in our branch, so I'm not sure why the children are not being listed in the roll.
Where are you seeing the children? A common misconception is that if you see the children on the parent's records, that you have the records - not so. That is strictly genealogical information. You'll see children there that have left home, moved out of the stake or maybe even deceased.

The real question is if the children have their own individual record. Do they show up in the ward directory or LDS Tools, or other places when you go to select individual members?

This issue is most common with convert families. The mission office will create records for all that are baptized, but will not create child-of-record for the underage children. But they will notate the children on the parent's records. It's up to the ward to create the record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

It looks like the class assignment was not correctly added for these two children when they reached the appropriate age. You can manually assign them to the nursery using the following steps.

(Menu) Organizations > Primary
Nursery > View Organization
Under Nursery Members, click the "Add Member" link at the bottom right
Enter the member name and select the member
Click the Save button
fet111

Post by fet111 »

I have a problem with our nursery class not including any children 18 months to 2 years old. It looks like the age is only for 2-3 year olds. How can I change this to automatically have the 18 month old children added? It would also be nice to see when the children are entering nursery during the year. Can this info be displayed?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

fet111 wrote:I have a problem with our nursery class not including any children 18 months to 2 years old. It looks like the age is only for 2-3 year olds.
I just checked the class for my ward and found it was including those who are 18 months old to age 2 as of December 31 of the previous year. I did note children who were 3 years old but were 2 years old as of December 31, 2020. So the age parameters were being met. Also consider a child will not be included in the report if they are not a child of record (a record has been created for them). You will have to manually include children without a membership record.
fet111 wrote:How can I change this to automatically have the 18 month old children added?
This will automatically happen only for children with a membership record.
fet111 wrote:It would also be nice to see when the children are entering nursery during the year. Can this info be displayed?
There is no report available that will show that. But you can get the information from a custom report. Create the custom report to show children aged 1 and include their birth date as a column and then sort on that column. You can then quickly view the report to see who is turning 18 months old. But as noted above, the report will only include those children with a membership record.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”