Year End Closing 2015

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
curbro57

Year End Closing 2015

Post by curbro57 »

Trying to enter the donations and get an ERROR messages that "The fiscal year needs to be closed. Go to urgent tasks" Went to urgent task and clicked on the "Fiscal year needs to be closed" and got an error message saying "An Error Occurred" saying "There was an error while reading the database" The close out stops at the Creating Backup task. I am not able to access any financial task.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

CBrown
michaelajensen

Re: Year End Closing 2015

Post by michaelajensen »

I'm seeing the same thing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Other then making sure you have the usual backup media connected to the computer and that there is available space (assuming you're saving the backup directly to an external device), you may have to wait until Monday and call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
walkyler

Post by walkyler »

Getting the exact same thing here. Am able to backup the database normally, so no issue with available space. Getting stopped at Creating Backup task.
michaelajensen

Post by michaelajensen »

Yes, I definitely have enough space for backups. Since the error occurred while reading the database, I tried running MLS from our backup from last week and got the same error.
sdw1985

Post by sdw1985 »

Hi all

So I just got this calling 2 weeks ago and am pretty confused as to what to do for year end closing....the last finance clerk moved away and I really do not know what to do for year end finance for my ward. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to what resource I should go to and/ or a walkthru of whats expected of me? Feeling a little overwhelmed here :)

Thanks all
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

What calling do you have now? Ward clerks should train their assistants. Stake clerks should train ward clerks. Assistant stake clerks train assistant ward clerks.

https://www.lds.org/help/support
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
michaelajensen

Post by michaelajensen »

Easy fix for me!
I just got off the phone with support. After I created an empty directory C:\data-backup I was able to close the year out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mikeyjens wrote:After I created an empty directory C:\data-backup I was able to close the year out.
Sounds like it wants to put it in the default directory and not where ever you've been putting it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelajensen

Post by michaelajensen »

Yeah, too bad the error message wasn't helpful at all in describing what the problem was.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”