Teaching the Saviors way program

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
rcwilley99

Teaching the Saviors way program

Post by rcwilley99 »

I'm curious to know why the "Teaching The Savior's Way" program was removed from the lds gospel library. There is one that discusses an overall view of the program that has been available for months but a few weeks ago there was another one that described in detail a very specific program that included monthly "teacher counsel meetings". It was an app that was available for about one week and then pulled. Would really like to know what happened to that. It was an awesome program and our wards in our stake want to use it. Any info or update would be appreciated.
rcwilley99

Re: Teaching the Saviors way program

Post by rcwilley99 »

This program was found under the lessons tab in the gospel library and is not the program called "teaching the gospel in the Saviors way" in the Sunday school section under the Lessons tab. If that helps clarify my question above.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Most likely the teacher council meetings are being piloted in certain areas of the Church. The way the meetings were introduced in the manual were as policy, but the Church has not introduced the program to the whole Church so they don't want it floating around as if it were current policy. Current policy is that teachers are to attend their regular second- and third-hour classes each week.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rcwilley99

Post by rcwilley99 »

Thank you for the reply. This is what I thought might be the case. I hope it comes back though. The layout was brilliant in how it was set up. As Stake Sunday school President I know first hand the challenges wards face in coming up with consistent programs that work. Current it is recommended that wards teach the teaching 12 week course layed out in the " teaching no greater call" manual and its suggested that this be taught during Sunday school. The challenge is 12 weeks is a long time and there is stake and general conference added as well. I had one ward who saw this program the day it came out on gospel library and we got permission from the stake presidency to use it. It was that good. Then the very next week it was gone. Oddly enough it was only available on iPhone's and iPad's.

However, as it makes sense, since it was pulled, we shall wait for "further light and knowledge" to come again. Thanks again for the reply!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”