LDS Tools Directory

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
JRP1975

LDS Tools Directory

Post by JRP1975 »

Hello, I searched some for an answer so I apologize ahead for this. Now i just hope i can describe what is happening, I'll use fictitious names here, On the online ward directory in LDS Tools the married couple, say for instance reports Kendal, Mike& Janet, in the MLS it says the correct name of household Carter,Mike & Janet , how do I fix this to reflect the same in the online LDS Tools directory and the MLS. I don't see a way to correct it, Do I need to call Church Headquarters for a fix, or is there a way outside of this. Thanks for any help on this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools Directory

Post by russellhltn »

Russ1957 wrote:On the online ward directory in LDS Tools the married couple, say for instance reports Kendal, Mike& Janet, in the MLS it says the correct name of household Carter,Mike & Janet , how do I fix this to reflect the same in the online LDS Tools directory and the MLS.
MLS has three name fields for individuals: Full Name, Maiden Name, Preferred Name.
At the household level, there's also Household name.

Check the Full, Preferred and Household name fields. Make sure they are accurate. The full name should be their legal name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JRP1975

Post by JRP1975 »

Thank you, That makes good sense, I'll take a look in MLS
JRP1975

Post by JRP1975 »

Thanks Russell, I checked in MLS and it popped up in the household as the previous unmarried name, not sure why it was listed that way but I changed the current household name using the edit button and that fixed the issue in LDS directory after selecting send/receive. Thanks again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Russ1957 wrote:I checked in MLS and it popped up in the household as the previous unmarried name, not sure why it was listed that way
I'd guess that when they got married, "Mike" joined "Janet's" household rather than the other way around.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”